justanothertrainer

Hi (anyone who is reading),

The attached .ppt on Communication Skills contains content which is not typically covered in a Communication Skills .ppt.

Here's an outline of what's in the .ppt:

1. Description of what being a skilled communicator really means with a proper example

2. Description of precision in communication

3. An effective strategy for improving listening skills as well as concentration levels

4. Description of link between behaviour and communication

5. Description of link between empathy and communication

6. Basic understanding of managing interactions with various people

7. Importance of self-empathy

8. Significance of apologizing

9. Anatomy of a sincere apology

10. Link between accuracy of information and communication

11. Link between honesty and communication

12. Link between time management, personal effectiveness, professionalism and communication

13. Link between self-correction and communication

14. Dealing with manipulative and/or sly and deceptive people

15. Link between calmness in a crisis and communication

16. Advantages of being calm

17. Technique for remaining calm (general guidelines)

18. Importance of practicing even after the workshop

19. Link to Neutral Indian Accent practice videos

In case you are unable to download the .ppt for some reason, you could also access the same content on the following page...

<link no longer exists - removed>

Please keep in mind the fact that the .ppt has only 38 slides and so it contains information accordingly.

Thank you for your time and mind.

~ just another trainer

From Netherlands, undefined
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pptx communication skills.version 1.nov 2015.pptx (109.1 KB, 1453 views)

V.Raghunathan

Hi Just another trainer
After going through your presentation my view is that you are more than just another trainer!!!
The communication about communication has been deftly handled making sure to cover maximum aspects.
Perhaps FEED BACK and PARAPHRASING could have also been covered in a slide each,
unless I have missed them due to oversight.
Kudos to you,
V.Raghunathan

From India
justanothertrainer

Hello, Monsieur V. Raghunathan,
Thank you for your kind words and your suggestion.
You're right. I haven't covered "feedback" and "paraphrasing".
I'll add the necessary content soon.
Thank you again,
~ just another trainer

saiconsult

Just another trainer Nice presentation.Thanks for sharing.As learned member Mr.Raghunathan suggested, you can include 'feed back' and 'paraphrasing' also. Then I have also a point to discuss.Body language is also said to be one way of communication and if so, whether it has any place in skillful communication. For example, it is the experience of most of us that some people come to us and engage us in irrelevant communication or the communication in which we are not interested and find it pretty discomfort more so when we are busy with some important work and find it difficult to communicate our discomfort either for fear of hurting them or fear of being criticized for lack of empathy or being rude.Then can we cut short the communication by resorting to an appropriate non-verbal body language or should we adopt a suitable verbal language? which is more skillful?
B.Saikumar
HR & Labour Law advisor

From India, Mumbai
justanothertrainer

Hello, Monsieur B. Saikumar,

Thank you for your kind words. I do intend to incorporate the (excellent) feedback provided by Monsieur Raghunathan.

As for your question, I have included a slide on the specific issue of body language. Essentially, I've said that if we become skilled enough to not communicate extra thoughts and/or words, there's an automatic (positive) effect on our body language and tone. Skilled communicators are self-aware. The more skilled we become, the more self-aware we become and this self-awareness actually expresses itself in all dimensions of our lives.

In the specific instance that you've mentioned, I would strongly advise against adopting 'non-verbal' communication to inform someone that you are busy. It's a much better idea to be honest and forthright, and it's possible to do so without being offensive. For example, you could say something like "I'm sorry for being abrupt but I need to attend to something urgent right now. I'll try and catch up with you as soon as I can" or "I don't mean to be rude but I really need to take care of something right now. I'll connect with you as soon as I'm done".

Hope this helps.

~ just another trainer

chetanyaarora5
I would like to introduce you to Global ACT-Global Academy for Corporate Training. The organisation is founded by Mr. Vivek Bindra who is an eminent motivation speaker and a life coach.
We are currently in the process of empanelling behavioural, functional and technical trainers for our most prestigious clients across levels and industries.
If you have a zest to empower people and bring about a measurable change in their lives then this is a right place for you!
Share your profile at chetanya.arora@vivekbindra.com or give a call at 01146420020 (8447733974) and we will give you a platform from where you can coach, guide and mentor various individuals on multiple skills.

From India, Gurgaon
justanothertrainer

Hello, Monsieur Chetanya Arora,
Thank you for your message. I appreciate it immensely. Currently, I am not looking for new opportunities. However, as soon as I begin to look for something new, I'll definitely contact you.
~ just another trainer

saiconsult

Just another trainer, I too share the same view.It is better to be politely assertive than showing our discomfort through body language as it may send a wrong message of deliberately ignoring the other person's presence.Thanks for your response.
B.Saikumar

From India, Mumbai
justanothertrainer

Hello People,
In response to the feedback I received, I thought I'd go the extra mile and create two more presentations--one on paraphrasing and another on feedback--instead of just adding a couple of slides to the previous presentation. (The extra effort turned out to be a rather rewarding experience for me.)
They're attached to this post.
In case you face issues in downloading the attached presentations, please visit the following links to view the content...
~ just another trainer

Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pptx comm. skills. feedback level 2.pptx (87.0 KB, 251 views)
File Type: pptx comm. skills. paraphrasing level 2.pptx (68.4 KB, 307 views)

razdan.ravi5

Dear just another trainer, Every reader has given his best comments, pl find two words from my side: PAR EXCELLENCE. Pl keep obliging with your material on the sight. Razdan Ravi
From India, Faridabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.