No Tags Found!

CARY07
Hi All, i am working in Service Industry and my company (a Ltd. company) is having all India presence. Out of a total strength of 8k on-roll employees, ard 75% are blue collared & remaining 25% white collared. We are governed by the provisions of Shops & Establishment Act however my query is as under:

1. Our Registered, as well as Head Office, is at Mumbai so whether offices situated in other States to follow formats/registers (muster, wage, leave, etc) as prescribed vide their respective State's Shops & Establishment Act?

2. Abstracts of which all Statutes need to be mandatorily displayed in each of our office?

3. Our salary processing is centralized and online, payslip/leave record is also online, payment mode is direct bank transfer. How permission for maintaining these records in soft form, for different locations (or States) can be obtained?

4. Can any member help me with a Statutory Compliance Kit/Guide comprising of details of formats/registers to be maintained at each of our office under the provisions of various applicable labor legislations.

From India, Mumbai
jeevarathnam

Hi
Even though you are operating from Mumbai as you have office across India under few acts you may have to maintain certain statutory registers based on the respective state.
As per Shops & Commercial Establishment act (Required separate registration in each and every states)
As you mentioned as you are following Online payments and all the records are online in few states you may have to take prior approval from from respective department concerned persons as well as in respective locations you may have to have all the registers such as Muster Role, Leave with wages register, extract on equal remuneration act, payment of gratuity act etc
You may have to have PT registration pertaining to particular location and the same amount has to be remitted to respective states for the employees
For example if 8 persons are working in Karnataka then you have to deduct for those 8 persons as per Karnataka PT act and have to remit to those department

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.