No Tags Found!

Karthika G
Hi,
I'm an HR-Exec working for a "X" Company. I've been working here for the fast 4 months. I'm still on my probation period. Now I have put my resignation like few days back. With so many arguments with my boss, I agreed to serve 15 days of notice period as per my appointment letter. But in it, there is no where mentioned that I will be paid for the number of days i serve my notice period. Here it is obvious I will loose my pay for that 15 days. Please tell me if it is compulsory for an employer to pay me on my notice period even though i'm on probation period. He is threatning that I should pay if I fail to serve my notice period.
Kindly advice.
Thanks.

From India, Mumbai
saswatabanerjee

Notice period is always paid for, specially if you serve the entire notice period. If you do not serve the notice period the company can recover it from yiu.
From India, Mumbai
tajsateesh

Hello Karthika,
While concurring with Nathrao & Saswatabanerjee that you should be paid your salary for whatever Notice Period you worked for, your line "With so many arguments with my boss............." is a giveaway that not everything has been rosy with your tenure in this Company. UNLESS, of course, your Offer/Appointment Letter clearly states that there is NO Notice Period during Probation.
IF nothing is mentioned about this aspect, it's always prone to different interpretations. You should have taken this aspect into consideration before committing to the new Company about your Joining Date.
Being an HR person yourself, you would surely be knowing the reasons & Rules vis-a-vis the Notice Period.
The arguments COULD be the reason why your Boss is taking a tough stand.
Irrespective of what your opinion about him is, having decided to leave, suggest the best way is to exit smoothly.
Rgds,
TS

From India, Hyderabad
Karthika G
Dear sir, thank you for the guidance. I did made a smooth agreement with him. I agreed to serve my notice period and he himself said he'll pay my fnf. But so far he has not accepted my resignation mail. This is happening with every employee who decides to leave.
From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.