MadhuMadhuri
Hi
My Father expired 10 months back and he used to get monthly pension and for the renewal he used to submit the Life Certificate yearly. Since he is no more,
can we get this monthly pension transferred to my Mother's name?.
If yes, What would be the procedure to transfer this pension on hers name and what are all the documents required?
And when do we need to submit the request for transfer of pension?
My Father was not a Govt. servant.
Thanks and Regards,

From India, Hyderabad
Pan Singh

Dear Madhu,
First of all you should inform PF Authorities and Bank about the sad demise of your father. They will immediately stop the Pension.
Coz taking pension of any person who is no more is illegal.
Yes, being legal heir of your father, your mother will entitle for the pension. Pls contact the PF Authorities ask what docs are required to start your mother's pension.
Thought it will a difficult and time taking process, but legally you are entitle for it.
If sooner you don't get proper response from the concern officials, have patience and put your points to the grievence cell.
Before depositing your documents pls first have a proper home work and proper scrutiny of the documents.
If posiible, u can take service of any consultant also, who have enough exposure on the matter and have some link with the dept.
It could be little bit costly, but by doing so you can accomplish the job in short time with limited efforts.

From India, Delhi
Work at Home Club

Was your father a Government employee before retirement or a beneficiary of the EPF?
From India, Delhi
raghavant

You should first clarify whether your father was getting pension from EPF or any other Govt organisation. Either way widow is eligible for Pension. In case of EPF, children below 25 years also are eligible for this. There must be a 'pension paying order' normally referred as PPO, which you should be able to find from his documents. If not please approach your Bank for a copy available with them. Eligible pension amount for widow & minor children is mentioned in PPO. In case of EPF pension it is only a matter which the Bank can settle on production of death certificate. Other Govt Pensions I am not aware of. In case of EPF pension please approach the pension paying Bank.
From India, Thane
RimBan_citehr
hi,
my father inlaw worked with ACC cement in Chandrapur where he had his salary account.
After retirement he moved to Kolkatta. He received his pension in Kolkatta SBI bank.
After his death, we are trying to transfer the pension to my mother in laws account.
We have her account in kolkatta.
We received a letter from PF office to open SBI account for my mother in law in Chandrapur (where my father-in-law retired).
The letter has no mail id or phone number where we can revert for queries.
This is totally ILLOGICAL as we have no base @ chandrapur , we have no supporting documents.
So no bank [SBI , PNB etc.,.] would open an account for her.
Please help we are stuck!

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.