kishore kumar kiku
myself kishore kumar doing mba final year. i have doubts about my career in hr. is the hr field is suits for me. i have some self doubts. and please help me to overcome my self doubts. and now in hr field which department is going on peak.
I need help from anyone to clear my self doubts about hr.

From India, Chennai
ravind7@gmail.com

You need to list down at 10 profession from there narrow down which comes close to your studies. Carefully read through all the nature of the jobs and choose wisely what suits you best. All the best
From Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur
Vikramrock
Career is good but no good salary packages. I suggest do not to join. You will struggle into market to get even 30k per month.
From India, Hyderabad
Ashutosh Thakre

Dear Kishore Kumar,
Unless you elobrate your doubts, exact help is not on its way? If the HR suits you? This is a question which can be answered if you lay down your traits? No one knows you personally here. In regards to salary, well as a fresher, you will have to struggle everywhere to prove your metal, be it HR, Marketing, Finance or any other department... So choose a career for your satisfaction. Money come second, as even if you get money and you are not able to perform, you will anyways be chucked out.
List down your queries and your traits and may be we are able to help you reach a solution.
Regards,
Ashutosh Thakre

From India, Mumbai
tajsateesh

Hello Kishore Kumar Kiku,

Your query is a standard one many Freshers get while passing out from College.

To answer your query about the PRESENT, one needs to go back into time.

Like Nathrao asked, what is your MBA's core speciality & MORE importantly, WHY did you chose this over any other(s)?

Is it that you went along with your friends OR did you have any specific reason(s)?

Coming to your primary query--'Now In Hr Field Which Department Is Going On Peak'.

Pl note that as long as you hitch your career to whatever field is in demand TODAY, there is no & will never have any guarantee that this is the right choice for you.

Choose whatever field where YOU are HAPPY INTERNALLY. If you focus excessively on money or position or any external factors, there are bound to be situations when they will take a hit.....and that's when you begin to feel 'did I make a mistake?'.

A Quote by Zig Ziglar sums up what you can do: "Attitude & Aptitude determine Altitude".

So, irrespective of whether the field is in demand or not, as long as you have the aptitude [meaning deep interest] & attitude [meaning willingness to go to whatever extent needed to make your mark], you can succeed in ANY field. And when you don't have ANY of these 2 attributes, it doesn't matter even if you are in a field that's the Most-in-Demand field......you are bound to repent at some point of time.

Like Ashutosh Thakre mentioned, 'choose a career for your satisfaction'.

And mistakes in such matters can be put to the minimum when one goes into the field that he/she enjoys doing.......else that would be just another job you do for a living & invariably has the potential to create unhappiness later on.

When you are unable to decide what's YOUR mental nature or outlook [which is quite possible even for experienced persons], suggest google & find the many Psychometric Tests that are available for free......take a couple of them to get some insights into YOUR OWN nature--which point to the REAL YOU & not what one exhibits/projects/manifests outside--they can help you to decide WHICH career line is most APT for you.

There's NOTHING 'right/wrong' OR 'good/bad' in such decisions....ONLY the MOST APT [or otherwise] for that individual.

All the Best.

Rgds,

TS

From India, Hyderabad
asaskochi

Dear Kishore. First improve your vocabulary and grammar. Communicate your idea with clarity. Best wishes.
From India, Kochi
SAIBHAKTA

I feel HRM is the best branch of management studies because no matter where you are 'man management' is an integral part of life ! But if we consider rewards vis-a-vis efforts then obviously marketing people take the cream.This is because in marketing or to some extent in finance or operations the targets can be relatively easily matched with achievements whereas in HRM barring attrition rate( e.g.it declined substantially in Infosys after they changed their appraisal system) it is not so.
From India, New Delhi
Sivaperumal L

Believe in your self first , and improve the communication skills and gather enough information about HR. All the best
From India, Chennai
dhruva.trivedy

Having taken up HR as a profession, it goes without saying that the following traits are inevitable:
1. Compassion towards human beings and their issues
2. Empathy
3. Problem Solving approach
4. Proactive and not merely critical
5. Networking
6. Hands-on comprehension of the situation and above all
7. Perceptiveness Perceptiveness the other attribute a transformational leader should
If you see that you possess more than 60% of the above, you are made for it Kishore!

From India, New Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.