hetal_hets

Hi, We are into E-commerce Industry & current company strength is 200+ employee. I want to know that what is the exact HR team size for the 200 employee which includes Recruiter also.
From India, Mumbai
N.Mohan

Dear Sir,
As stated above, there is no written Rule. It is depending upon the assigned roll of HR in the Organization, labour turnover ( Employee turn over), system of maintaining the records i.e. manual or computerized etc. In normal circumstances I prefer to have 1+3.

From India, Bangalore
v200709
I agree with other posters and apart of the above factors, if you have HRMS Software it will tremendously reduce your HR Team size. There are new ones on cloud available these days for cost of a fraction. Being in e-commerce industry, you must be familiar with technology but if you want to know we use beehivesoftware.in for our use and has cut down our administrative work quite a bit. But there is no substitute for a good HR team and processes.
From India, Bangalore
hetal_hets

Hi,
Thank you every one for your suggestion. For All statutory compliance we have outsourced to consultant.We also have HR software who automatically calculate working days & send report to consultant. HR has very minimal work in payroll. I am asking this coz we have 6-7 person in HR Team.

From India, Mumbai
hetal_hets

Dear Mr. Raghunathan,
Thank you for your reply. 5 of them are recruiter & after having 5 recruiter most of my recruitment are done by consultant. So not sure what they doing it.1 is HR Manager" & other one is HR Executive. As I mentioned my all payroll has been outsourced to consultant. TDS calculation has been done by CA.So HR major work has been handled by vendor.

From India, Mumbai
nandini.suresh

Hi normally industries will prefer to have 1 HR for 100 employees as you have 200 employees you can have one Manager/Asst Manager HR and 1 HR executive for the HR Team With Regards, Nandini
From Pakistan, Lahore
tajsateesh

Hello Hetal,

There's no thumbrule for the HR strength vis-a-vis employee strength. It depends a lot on various factors.

I have seen Companies where the HR vs Company strength ratios are 1:200 and also like your situation, 1:50.

Like other members mentioned, automating your HR operations reduces the headcount a lot.....but it's NOT the headcount you need to focus on BUT the quality of those with you. Quite often, 1 person would be able to handle the work load of 3-4 persons.....provided he/she is able [which is where your hiring/selection process comes into picture].

In a lighter vein, why not hire our services......if ALL your hiring is thru the consultant, then guess your consultant is ripping you apart :-)

Without sounding apprehensive, have you checked IF there's any underhand dealing between your recruiters & the consultant? OR is it that the recruiters are able to get away with such a slipshod performance--in which case, it says a lot on the culture you have? It's time for the Top management to ACT...not just think about it like a Govt Dept.

Payroll can easily be handled with a HRMS.....save on what the consultant is charging you for this.

TDS may either be handled by your Finance team OR continue with the CA.....unless the CA charges on a per-deduction basis [which would be actually atrocious]. I fail to understand what's your Finance team doing IF even the TDS has to be handled by the CA.

Reg the Recruiters, put clear-cut targets to the recruiters......1 Closure per week/month or whatever you think is reasonable in your situation. IF he/she doesn't do it, begin the process of firing [First Verbal Warning, then a Show-cause Letter followed by a clear time-bound performance watch letter.....IF he/she doesn't improve, then fire him/her].

HOWEVER a word of CAUTION HERE. Many times failure of the recruiters can be a consequence of a weak technical team OR their interviewing skills. Checkout this angle before you focus directly on the recruiters. I know of many technical Interviewers who ask the candidates questions based on what what he/she knows AND NOT to find-out what the candidate knows. IF this indeed is the case, train the recruiters to ASK for detailed JDs even before they start their work.

Since you have not mentioned the number of hirings you do per month on an average, I wouldn't be able to give clear suggestions here....but going by the general norms & your company strength of 200, my guess is that your hirings/month would be 4-6 persons @ best. Pl correct me if not.

If Yes, I don't see any reason for more than 2 recruiters. UNLESS your attrition rates are horrible.....which would be a different issue altogether.....OR your technical panel has lacunae.

I am sure you would need to discuss this with your management......not sure of your designation/level.

But suggest make a comparative Table of what the recruiter salaries are per month & what you are paying the consultant. I am sure you you can arrive @ a logical & convincing argument to push thru the firing of excess recruiters.

Also, before suggesting reg any HRMS, evaluate a few HRMS software vis-a-vis the features & costs before you suggest this.

All the Best.

Rgds,

TS

From India, Hyderabad
hrnitinji
Dear Friend
I agree with all opinions, but I would like to suggest that you may be appoint 3 well experienced HR Members (HR Manager + HR Executive + Computer Operator cum Office Assistant) & pay good salary.
Because someone said:
If you fulfill the wishes of your employees, the employees will fulfill your visions.

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.