sanash1987

what should be the further action/proceedings after worker refused to accept shoe cause letter twice which were sent post and once by oral discussion
From India, Aurangabad
Madhu.T.K

You can publish the notice in the local news paper. If, after the expiry of the date on which the reply is expected to be submitted by the employee, no reply is received, you can proceed with enquiry. The enquiry notification also should be sent to his residential address by post and then if it is returned, get it published in the news paper.
As far as possible you should avoid publishing it in the newspaper by advising him to accept the show cause sending the message through his some friends cautioning that if the letter is returned, the charges will be published in the news paper thereby the entire people will come to know about the charges etc against him. Normally, this will make him to accept the post. Therefore, you may send at least three letters before publishing it in the news papers
Madhu.T.K

From India, Kannur
supriya59

Take a look at these disciplinary actions -

Suspension without Pay: This is normally the next stage in progressive discipline after written warning(s)

Suspension typically prevents work for a number of working days, as specified in the letter, and pay is docked accordingly.

Length of a suspension without pay will be influenced by policy or contract requirements.

Reduction of Pay within a Class: This alternative is normally used when you do not wish to remove the employee from the work site, but serious discipline is appropriate. It is most appropriately used in lieu of suspension without pay, in cases of chronic absenteeism or tardiness.

The reduction of pay is for a specific period of time, related to the seriousness of the performance discrepancy or work rule violation, and noted in the letter.The disciplinary letter will incorporate the same elements included in a suspension letter.You may have to issue a letter of intent similar to that used in cases of suspension. Consult your L/ER Analyst on the procedure.

Demotion to a Lower Classification: This action involves movement of an employee to a lower level position, and may be temporary or permanent.

Dismissal: This alternative is normally selected after performance counseling and progressive discipline have failed to get the employee's attention to the problem.

For detailed overview on these actions please consult following web link - Chapter 23: Taking Disciplinary Action

From Singapore, Singapore
korgaonkar k a

Dear Supriya59,
Welcome to this open forum of knowledge sharing and thank you for your first participation in discussion on this forum.
Your first contribution is copy paste. But one thing is very appreciable that you have given the source of it, sincerely.
It would have been appreciated more if you would have confirmed its relevance to current context and that too, when any senior member and super moderator answers to the query and the given answer is appropriate one. Your copy paste matter has no relevance to Indian context.
My intention is not to demotivate you but to give learning lesson No.1, that is : when any member gives correct answer, appreciate it and write only value added to it if any. I do it.
In fact I was to vote to remove your post but when I noticed it is your first post, I decided to write all this.

From India, Mumbai
sanash1987

worker not in the mindset to accept the letter, rather he with the help of union made huge drama in department. we did not reacted to that also.
Can we display it on notice board / main gate. what could me done on that??

From India, Aurangabad
Madhu.T.K

You can put the copy of the show cause notice in the notice board. But if the delinquent employee is under suspension pending enquiry, he will not happen to see the same as he is not permitted to enter the premises of the factory/ office during suspension period. Main gate of the factory is not a place for displaying such things and there are instances wherein show cause notice and termination letters put on the main gate have led to other problems like human right violation, exposure confidential matters etc. The same thing will happen when it is published in the newspapers also. But it is considered to be something between the employer and the employee. Therefore, it is always safe if after trying to reach the employee by post for at least three times, you publish the same in the news paper and proceed with the proceedings.
Madhu.T.K

From India, Kannur
supriya59

Dear Korgaonkar,
Thank you for your feedback and I really appreciate your gesture of not deleting my post. In future, I will try to publish content within the given guidelines only. Also, I request you to delete my post.

From Singapore, Singapore
SAIBHAKTA

Another amusing post 'completely liberated ' from all rules of grammar! No capital letters,punctuation,full stops etc. I would seriously like to know if this is the current acceptable trend ? I mean whether business schools allow answers to be written like this.It was more than thirty years , I did my MBA.This kind of language would have landed my answer scripts in the dustbin, surely enough ! But then languages do change over a course of time and may be this has happened in today's academic world.
Coming to the topic under discussion , if the employee refuses to accept show cause notice in person or by mail the same can be pasted on the entrance of his house and deemed to be delivered.

From India, New Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.