parimal564

Dear Sir,
Can you support to identify possibility(i.e. organize some training) to work in less order.
Also highlight if we work for 5 days instead of 6 days, which are operating cost we can save?
Thanks in advance.
Best regards,
Parimal

From India, Ahmadabad
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Parimal,

What is the nature of your industry? Not all the industries are suitable for 5-day week. Therefore, much depends on the type of work that you do.

Secondly, what matters is productivity and not number of days. Large number of companies in US just work for five days but they could convert their company into industrial empire. This is because of high concentration on measurement of business performance.

Take the case of France. Labour laws in that country just allow 35-hour work week. Notwithstanding their lowest work hours in the week, person to GDP ratio is far higher in most of the Asian and African countries.

You have raised the query about number of days per week but then what your MD? Will you be able to convince him for conversion from six to five day work week? I ask this question because most of the bosses in India like to work 24 hours and expect their staff also to do that.

Couple of years ago, there was query on 5-day work week. I had given reply to that post. You may refer the following link to refer it:

https://www.citehr.com/450840-does-5...ml#post2086360

Though your query is small, its reply is long. Everything cannot be typed. Therefore, if interested, you may call me on my mobile.

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.