No Tags Found!

karthi1727
HI All,
I worked in a online grocery company as a Category Manager. My employer has closed down the business in one night without giving any prior notice. They have not given 2 months salary as a agreed notice period in the offer letter. I have worked 8 months and drawn close to 40K. I have sent email to CEO,HR and Ops Head but they are not responding my email and calls. Now they are opening the same business in different name. almost 150 employees lost job. Am i eligible to move this matter thru Labour court. what kind of compensation i will get. I need two months pay as per my offer letter.I am from Chennai. Please advice me on the legal actions.

nathrao

Among the employee who lost their job,there will be workers eligible to appeal in the labour court.

Organise yourselves and fight out unfair labour practises.

Inspite of strict laws on shutdowns,some owners behave like this-not caring for livelihood of employees.

I wonder what will happen if regulatory are curtailed in the vague name of ease of doing business.

Our capitalists have long way to go in being given free hand in labour matters.

Labour will get the short end of the stick in many cases,wile PSU and government staff will remain as pampered lot.

some indicative headlines:

At FCI, some loaders earn more than Rs 4 lakh/month - The Times of India

Air India doles out free air tickets to its employees despite impending loss - The Times of India

Govt Proposes Major Overhaul of Labour Laws, To Increase Severance Package | Jun 25,2015

Balanced approach to industry with support to labour rights and duties as well as control of Inspector raj.

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.