No Tags Found!

kkavya88
Hi all,
I have recently claimed ESI for an hearty surgery, undergone surgery in the month of April, at the time of surgery i was eligible for ESI but now i received a salary appraisal and the gross is more than 15000. can i still claim the surgery medical expenses under ESI?

From India,
Harsh Kumar Mehta

1. Sir, I understand that you will be eligible for medical facilities from ESIC till close of the relevant benefit period. However, since provisions of ESI Act, 1948 and rules/regulations framed thereunder are statutory in nature and not optional and hence, I presume that (as mentioned by you regarding your wages exceeding Rs. 15000/), from relevant benefit period you will not be eligible for benefits under said Act.
2. I will suggest you to please contact your nearest Branch Office of ESIC to which you are attached, discuss the matter and have an idea about continuity of your eligibility till which period. It is only Branch Office of ESIC which can intimate you correct position on the basis of records relating to your contributions under said Act.
3. I hope for your speedy recovery.

From India, Noida
jeevarathnam

Hi If at all the April month you were eligible then sure even now you will be eligible for ESI Benefits. Better check with your HR department & then approach ESI officials
From India, Bangalore
sunilmetri24
Ya definately u can claim for medical expenses from Esic . For Ex :- If your salary is crossed 15000 in the month of April 2015, you can avail esi facilities for 6 months till october 2015.
From India, Belgaum
pdmer1@gmail.com
yes kavya you are eligible for benefit although your salary hike after april to sept. bcz contribution period is april to sept so if your salary hike gross in may than after your e.s.i contribution is continue to sept.but you have compulsary treatmet in e.s.i hospital or concern with e.s.i by e.s.i doctor
From India, Rajkot
nabil.njs@gmail.com

Yes, you are 100% eligible for claiming of your medical expenses, as per below contribution and benefit periods.
Contribution period Benefit Period
1st April to 30th September 1st January of the year following to 30th June.
1st October to 31st March of 1st July to 31st December:
the year following
Thanks & Regards,
Nabil Shaikh

From India, Mumbai
nabil.njs@gmail.com

Yes, you are 100% eligible for claiming of your medical expenses, as per below contribution and benefit periods.
Contribution period
1st April to 30th September
1st October to 31st March of the year following
Benefit Period
1st January of the year following to 30th June.
1st July to 31st December:
Thanks & Regards,
Nabil Shaikh

From India, Mumbai
samee

I doubt because now a days everything is online so they just check your last ESIC contribution if there is no contribution for the preceding month than you may not be eligible for the benefit.
From India, Ahmedabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.