prkperumal

I’m working in a private company which follows six days working for a week, i have joined on 13.10.2010 and releving on 18.05.2015. Am i Eligible for Gratutity payment?
From India, Bangalore
bssiraj

Dear Perumal,
Your not eligible in Gratuity. Actually gratuity is eligible in worked duration of 4 years 10 month and 10 days.
Bur your completed your employment in 4 years 7 month 6 days. So your not eligible.
Siraj/HR

From India, Kolkata
prkperumal

Dear Siraj,
Thanks for the info... but i came to know from my friends that, if we complete the service of 4 years 6 months can also be consider as a completion of 5 years and eligible to get the gratuity.
can you please clarify on this....?

From India, Bangalore
saswatabanerjee

This topic has been discussed so many times I have lost count. Why don’t you just check previous threads first
From India, Mumbai
hiren_banerjee

As per the 'Payment of Gratuity Act 1972' an employee is entitled to gratuity on expiry of 5 years continuous service with an organisation. In your case you have not completed 5 years service. As such you are no way entitled. Dont get upset. Look for the brightest future ahead. Thanks.
From India, Raniganj
shirishrasankar

If you have completed 240 days in the 5th year, you are eligible for Gratuity. There is court’s decision supporting this statement. You can check this on citehr also.
From India, Pune
psmoholkar

As per the provisions of The Payment of Gratuity Act, the eligibility of the Gratuity is upon the completion of 5 years of continuous service.
The Law as it stands is that in the fifth year, if the concerned employee has completed 240 days of continuous service, then he will be entitled to receive the Gratuity.

From India, Pune
rdsyadav

Please check, if its part of CTC agreed as per Appointment Letter, gratuity amount is due and claimable. Many companies of Tomorrow believe in flexi- package CTC do make payment of unpaid amount of gratuity at the time of leaving irespective of your tenure as same is terms of employment.Regds,
RDS Yadav
Management Adviser and Trainer
Director, Future Institute of Management and Technology
navtaranghrs@gmail.com

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.