aami_sabyasachi
I have been employed with a corporate training organization & been working on another company's project (being handled by my organization).

I resigned from my duties on 14th of the month as people associated in the project i was into(employee of the other company) put false allegations on me & i cannot compromise on my self respect,I clearly mentioned the same to my employer & said i will continue to work for him for the rest of the month to help him find a replacement for me,but not beyond that.

A)My employment contract says any employee would be considered confirmed after completion of 6 months of probation,where as under the 'probation period' column in contract it says employee would be considered confirmed after successful pass of a performance appraisal.

I have worked in this organization for 8 months & 7 days now,but no performance appraisal had been done 4 me so far....so am i a confirmed employee of my organization ??

B)the employment contract also says if i resign before confirmation i need to give 48 hr. notice max;if i resign after confirmation i have to give A MONTH'S notice.

So in the afore mentioned context how much would be my notice period - 48 hr.s or 1 month??

C)the employment contract no where says that i have to pay / compensate my organization if i resign without giving a month's notice.

Then how can my employer ask me to pay money equivalent to 2month's gross salary & threat me to legal actions if i fail to pay ??

From India, undefined
nathrao

Compromise of self respect
While what allegation was made against you is not clear,but you should have insisted on company to investigate instead of resigning and after you show that allegation is false -then quit.
Probationary period
There is contradiction in your employment contract.Normally probation is shown as completed by giving a letter in writing and is not assumed to be complete after probation period.
Like in your case performance appraisal was to be done,which was not done-so you can presume to be on probation still.
The company cannot ask for 2 months salary as per facts given by you.
The company is on weak footing and cannot legally act against you.

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.