Sushilendra B

Dear Seniors,
We are a team of about 25, and I have recently joined the organisation as HR Manager.
I got to know that many new employees when they join, after a month, they receive their first salary and abscond . So, the company has decided , for a certain set of employees the payment should be given via cash.
Now, to as to make the payment mode uniform for all, I want to credit even their salary through salary account.
So Kindly suggest me any ideas where in the payment should also go through the bank and the employees also cannot abscond from the work without serving the notice.

From India, Mumbai
nathrao

Certain amount of turnover of employees always takes place.
Initially new employees before they settle down are most vulnerable to changing jobs.
The importance of helping new employees to settle down in new environment cannot be overstated.
As HR one must reach out and try to know all employees well.
The department all also should take a lead in mentoring new employees.
It is not easy to retain an employee who wants to leave.
Whether you pay by cash or cheque one who wants to leave will leave.
Once your company can show to employees that they have growth prospects,ability.opportunity to learn latest developments in the field,employees would tend to remain with a progressive company.
Being a small company HR can make efforts to know each employee better and make him feel that he is valued and not just a statistic in the company.
Sense of belongingness can be introduced by interaction and way company tackles employees.
In a free world one cannot restrain employees from leaving.

From India, Pune
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Sushilendra,

If the employees are abandoning the employment in just 1-2 months then then there is something wrong with the culture of the company. Rather than studying the causes of their exit, what you are adopting is quixotic solution like paying salary in cash etc. Do you think that these tactics will reduce the attrition?

As of now, your primary job is to calculate the cost of attrition. Calculate it and present it to your management in an organised manner.

Earlier, I have given reply to similar post. Check the following link:

https://www.citehr.com/433012-employ...st1959617.html

To know how to do the attrition analysis, click the following link:

https://www.citehr.com/519562-employ...ml#post2211229

Employees could be leaving due to wrong recruitment also. To know what happens when proper recruitment policy is not there, you may click the following link. There was voluminous discussion on it.

https://www.citehr.com/511164-hr-res...floor-bpo.html

Though the industry that is mentioned in post is different from your industry, the post is educative to all the HR Professionals.

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
ashish_john_roy
The solution will vary based on the levelat which attrition is taking place. Atentry level you could deploy the 6/12 bond method that has been used by IT/Non IT companies to good effect.At middle/top levels the solution lies in the manner in which you recruit personnel and responsibilities you that you entrust.
From India, Thana
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.