No Tags Found!

hazaidi

Designing A Performance Management System

Your performance management system should be:

job-related practical have measurable standards Perhaps the most important design consideration is to develop a process that is practical and easy to understand and use. The focus should be on the results of the performance management process - effective and motivated staff - not the steps of the process.

When developing a new performance management process, use a committee made up of employees and managers. A collaborative approach will increase employee buy-in, understanding and support of the process.

Once the process has been developed, communicate with all staff about the purpose and the steps in the performance management process.

You should be prepared to make adjustments to your new system as necessary.

Different Types of Performance Management Systems There are a variety of ways to measure performance including:

Self Appraisal: the employee is asked to evaluate his/her own work Peer Appraisal: staff of equal rank within the organization are asked to evaluate the employee Team Appraisal: similar to peer appraisals; employees who work as part of a team are asked to evaluate the team's work Assessment Centre: the employee is assessed by professional assessors using several types of evaluation such as work simulations and actual activities 360-Degree or Full Circle Appraisal: the employee's work is reviewed by gathering input from representatives of all the groups the employee interacts with such as supervisor, peers, subordinates and clients.

Management-by-Objectives: the employee's achievement of work objectives that are set in collaboration with his/her supervisor are assessed.

Combination of Methods: Some organizations combine different methods into their performance management process. In particular some organizations include an evaluation of competencies - the knowledge, skills and abilities that distinguish superior performance. Establishing competencies for performance management in an organization requires careful thought. Without careful preparation, evaluating competencies can be very subjective.

In the voluntary sector, 360-degree appraisals are sometimes used for evaluating the Executive Director. Management-by-objectives is an effective approach to performance management for all other employees.

Because it's the most practical system for most non-profit organizations, we will be focusing in this section of the website on Management-by-Objectives.

Management-by-Objectives Performance management using a management-by-objectives (results-based) approach has three phases:

Phase 1 - Planning a work plan for the next year is developed; measures for assessing progress are established.

Phase 2 - Monitoring progress toward the goals identified in the work plan is monitored; the plan is adjusted if required; corrective action is taken if necessary.

Phase 3 - Reviewing at the end of the performance management cycle the manager and employee meet to document the work of the past year; accomplishments and shortfalls relative to the work plan are summarized using a performance management form; a new performance management cycle begins.

Regards,

HASSAN

From Pakistan, Islamabad
prabhu.k
Hello Hazaidi, its a good contribution, but my request is that if you could give me the source from where exactly it had come from (i.e, Reference) Regards, Prabhu.K
From India, Bangalore
hooria

hi. i am student. i have to study the PMS of an organization can you help me designing questionnairs or send me a sample questionnaire relating to Performance management system, i need it urgently plz guide me i am worried about my project. thankyou take care.

hazaidi

Hi Hooria,
Plz find attachment.
http://www.iei.ie/cpd/Non%20electron...ion%20form.doc
Inform me about this is it enough for you or you need more material.
Regards,
Hassan

From Pakistan, Islamabad
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: doc non_electronic_re-accred_submission_form_920.doc (365.0 KB, 324 views)

hooria

Thanks for your reply. Its was vey helpful but i need a more comprehensive questionaires regarding performance management system. would ve waiting for your reply. regards Hooria

komalkanwar
Hi guys, i am a HR professional and i am looking forward for doing the normalization of the performance, if somebody would have done it in his or her compnay then please contact and let me know the wise method to do this.
Komal Kanwar.

From India, New Delhi
hazaidi

You may get better performance is only because you ignore integrity, you trade it off for performance. Now, if you do it consciously, by accepting the risk it's one thing; but the problem is that most practitioners are not even aware that there's a risk, they all think that there is no price to be paid for denormalization.
Poor performance is due to physical implementation factors: physical design, DBMS, hardware, network loads, etc. Normalization by definition has nothing to do with it, it's impossible. The point is that users should stop blaming normalization and trying to avoid it and should demand better products and learn proper design. As long as they think the way you do, they will never get anything better.
Regards, HASSAN

From Pakistan, Islamabad
hazaidi

Hi Dear, Kindly find the enclosed Questionnaire on PMS. Regards, HASSAN
From Pakistan, Islamabad
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: doc pms_142.doc (67.5 KB, 357 views)

akhilkhatri
i m a student of MBA HR...and currently working on a project on designing the PMS for the companies of IT sector....i ahve got a questionnaire....but the thing is i want to cross check whether i am going right or wrong...i want a small help...please post the various components of PMS on which i can work...
thanx in advance
Regards,
Akhil Khatri
www.hrreview.blogspot.com

From Germany, Dresden
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.