basupasu

Respected seniors, Whether private matriculation schools are covered under PF & ESI Acts or not? Kindly guide me. Yours sincerely, basupasu
From India, Madurai
PONMURUGAPANDIYAN.P

If you have more than 10 Employee’s you have to cover the E.P.F but you are exempted for ESIC
From India, Madurai
Harsh Kumar Mehta

Sir, the above statement that educational institutions are not covered under ESI Act appears to be totally false and baseless. So far I understand, a majority of State Govts. have extended the provisions of ESI Act, 1948 to the educational institutions employing 10 or more persons. It will be more appropriate if the position is confirmed from the appropriate Regional/Sub-Regional Office of ESIC in the jurisdiction of which the unit is located.
From India, Noida
CA Darshan Balai

Dear Busupasu,
As far as my knowledge goes, PF is applicable to your establishment under Section1(3) of the Act, once your establishment crosses an employee strength of 19 for the first time. The employee strength will include all employees working at all levels like teachers, support staff, peons, cleaning staff and security guards even if they are hired through a contractor.
For ESI Applicability, your establishment is not a manufacturing concern and hence the limit of 10 employees is not applicable. Being a non-manufacturing concern, the applicability depends on the state in which your establishment is located. State-wise the category of establishments and the employee limit is specified for non-manufacturing enterprises.
Note that if your school has a canteen within the premises employing more than 10 employees, ESI will be applicable to that canteen considering that it is a manufacturing activity.
Hope that it helps

From India, Pune
singh shweta
hi All, please provide interview question and answer as well for manger round in interview for HR training and development.
From India, Bangalore
Glidor

ESIC/EPF both are applicable on educational institutes / schools

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.