vikas9385
I want to implement six sigma in Performance Management & Absence Management. Initially I am going to implement it in employees confirmation and employees promotion process. I am not well verse from six sigma so can anyone provide me some case study/examples/projects related to said process.
From India, Hyderabad
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Vikas,

I recommend you improving your awareness on the concept of Six Sigma. If you check Wikipedia, it says, "The term Six Sigma originated from terminology associated with manufacturing, specifically terms associated with statistical modeling of manufacturing processes. The maturity of a manufacturing process can be described by a sigma rating indicating its yield or the percentage of defect-free products it creates. A six sigma process is one in which 99.99966% of all opportunities to produce some feature of a part are statistically expected to be free of defects ".

In light of above definition, I doubt whether it is possible to implement Six Sigma in "employees confirmation and employees promotion process". However, there other ways to improve these two processes.

As far as performance management is concerned, even without Six Sigma also, you can do whole lot of things. Call me on my mobile if you wish to get more information.

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.