No Tags Found!

yogesh shetgaonkar
Sir,
I wanted to know whether aadhar card can be made compulsory to avail ESIC and PF benefits. I ask this question as we have received mail from ESIC dept to upload aadhar card numbers for IPs within 30 days of mailing date. Also I have come to know that PF dept may also make aadhar number mandatory in KYC details. However recently the Supreme Court has ordered that quote" No person should be denied any benefits for not having Aadhar Cards".
Kindly guide about the above situation as many of our employees have not registered under Aadhar scheme .

From India, Pune
pon1965

Aadhar card is not mandatory as per SC — — — — — — — — — — — — — — pon
From India, Lucknow
saswatabanerjee

Aadhar is not compulsory
No one can defy the Supreme Court.
You need to upload the aadhar numbers of all those who have aadhar.
When PF Deoartment makes aadhar compulsory, then you worry about it. At the moment, it's one of the KYC requirements.

From India, Mumbai
Anonymous
Dear Seniors ,
I just wanted to know is Aadhaar Card Compulasory for the PF Trust mainatined by the company.
My payroll person is unnecessarily harrassing employees for the same and he has convinced my management too
when i asked him to show me the written policy he is telling me no one will give them the same.
and they will face problem PF officials will block our company etc etc
Can ypu please advice
Best Regards
Vaishali R Vichare

From India, Pune
saswatabanerjee

With the advent of Universal code, the PF department wants to use Aadhar number as the tracking number so that it can easily move amounts from different account of the employee to consolidate and to transition from one company to the other. However there is no rule saying it is compulsory. If you have it, you need to submit it. If you don't, then you are not debarred.
Your payroll department is misinformed. Or perhaps thinks he is very smart.
Assuming you do not have an Aadhar card, you have 2 options.
a. Get a copy of the Supreme Court order which says no one can make Aadhar compulsory or deny any person a benefit or access to a place, scheme, subsidy or incentive for not having an Aadhar card
b. Go over to the regional PF office and speak to the pro (or the commissioner if possible) and he will give you the current status and the rules that apply
Ofcourse you can always check the PF website and look at whatnots rules and show it to your payroll department.

From India, Mumbai
Soumitra Sengupta

Dear Mr. Yogesh Shetgaonkar,
Greetings .........
I agree with Mr. Banerjee to a great extent. It really seems that the Company PF Staff is running short of information. However, some lacking information is to come to fore before any comments be made. The first question is whether the Trust is an "Exempted PF" and if so, their "Article of Association" which is approved by the Department provides any clause on "Supplementing Individual PF Accounts" with respective "Aadhaar"? If that is so, the PF Staff is right in demanding documentation. However, in any case whatsoever, the AoA has to be amended in line with SC Verdicts and that subsequently be submitted to PF Department for "Re-approval".
Please check up with your Organisation on the above lines and let us have information here that would further educate us.
Regards,

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.