swati.singh@myf.io
Hi all, Can anybody help me to understand what is sandwich policy. Is it related to only saturday sundays or any holiday ??
From India, New%20Delhi
maulik dave

@ Swati.singh,
It depends up on the company's individual leave policy. Some company applies Holiday - Leave - Holiday OR Leave - Holiday - Leave as Sandwich Rule in leave Policy. Some company considers any non-working day as holiday like Saturday- Sunday's are also a holiday being non working day. So in any case companies applied Leave policy or Employee handbook will be mostly considered as a authentic for defining sandwich rule policy for the particular company.
Hope this will help u understanding your query.
All the best

From India, Ahmedabad
BSSV

I too have doubts on this concept.....

but one thing is sure, it is to support and encourage the flexible timing concept to help the employees. It helps when you need only few hours off from the work, but you will have to lose the whole day for the same, you may feel waste of holiday, this helps you to utilise the same holiday twice. helps a lot when you have medical appointments, need to attend a social function.......

I have observed lot of myths as to this concept, like employees think as I said above merging two half in to one, some think, if you take holiday three days in a row but in between day was holiday, yet your leave will be considered for three days instead of two.......

some others say, it is taking half day on Saturday and half day on Monday, and also Saturday and Monday merged with Sunday as three days paid leave......

It would be helpful if anyone can explain in details if it's adopted in their companies and have utilised such leave options and understood well..... Thank you

From India, Bangalore
swati.singh@myf.io
Thanks Maulik for your reply.
In my company I have implemented sandwich policy as "leave - holiday - leave " and holiday can be any official off - sat, sun, republic day etc.
Now I am facing a debate on this concept, people say that sandwich policy is applicable only for sat, sun holiday.
As you mentioned, that it depends on company's leave policy what they want to implement. So my question was just to take a final confirmation that whatever I am implementing is correct as per the standard leave policies. And if my implementation is correct then only it would be justifiable.

From India, New%20Delhi
maulik dave

@ Swati. Singh,
If you have implemented "Leave - Holiday - Leave" as a Sandwich Policy, please stick to it whether its Sat, Sunday or any Fastival leave. Please do mention that any non-working day declared in Holiday List will consider as "Holiday" & it will be applicable to the sandwich rule.
To avoid unnecessary doubts Draft a formal mail & send it to All HODs & concerns. So they will get a clear Idea about true implementation of Sandwich rule & will not ask you any questions.
Hope this will help. Revert in case you required more clarification on this.

From India, Ahmedabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.