suma mahadevappa
am working as a Hr executive in a small organization my senior manager is asked me to frame HR Policies( Employee health policy, Appraisal policy, Appointment policy ) since am a fresher i dont have any idea how to draft a policy.
anybody pls help me out with your guidelines.
i would be greatful if someone will share the format.
thanking you
Sumana

From India, Bangalore
jeevarathnam

Hi It is better you got the opportunity to draft the policies. There are many many policies posted in this blog. You can just go for search & get the idea
From India, Bangalore
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Sumana,
Designing policies is little serious job. This is because policies have organisation-wide implications. Further these need to be customised to your company's requirement. Against this backdrop, how come that "senior" manager has delegated this work to a fresher like you is not understood.
The first test of managership lies in understanding what to delegate, to whom to delegate and how much to delegate.
If you search this forum, you will get ample policies, but then to decide what is useful and what is not useful, I recommend you leaving it to your "senior" manager.
Thanks.
Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
gaurir

Dear Sumana
As rightly mentioned by Dinesh ,policy formation is a difficult task . But since it has been sssigned to you , take it heas on . to help you may include some of the following in your handbook.
1. Introduction to employee policy handbook
a. Purpose and scope
2. Introduction to organization:
a. Company Mission
b. Company History
2. Employment ethics and conduct
a. Dress and grooming
b. Non disclosure and Confidentiality
c. Ethical Business practices
d. Personal behavior at workplace
e. Use of mobile, internet, Laptop and data card
f. Fraud, embezzlement, dishonesty in transaction
g. Disciplinary action
3. Probation
4. Performance Management System
a. Introduction
b. Process
5. Working conditions
6. Transfer and deputation
7. Local/domestic travel
8. Learning and development
9. Separation
10. Grievances handling
11. Harassment free workplace
12. Employment of relatives

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.