No Tags Found!

Kalijanni

Dear All
We have some trainees in my establishment, we appointing them in 2 phases
first phase for 2 years, if his training is satisfactory , promoting in 2nd phase, and 2nd phase training duration also 2 years
after completion of 4 years training, as per the requirement only we will be taken them in probation.
if any one who's training is not satisfactory in 1st phase, his 1st phase training will be extended one more year.
in this issue one trainee will work 5 years or more to complete his training
In this my quarries are :
can we continue any persons as trainee more than 5 years ?
Trainee is eligible of gratuity if he is completed 5 years service ?
what are the obligation on trainees as a principal employer
I seek clarification on the above quarries along with case law (if available)
Thanks & Regards
Rao

From India, Guntur
Kalijanni

We have some trainees in my establishment, we appointing them in 2 phases
first phase for 2 years, if his training is satisfactory , promoting in 2nd phase, and 2nd phase training duration also 2 years
after completion of 4 years training, as per the requirement only we will be taken them in probation.
if any one who's training is not satisfactory in 1st phase, his 1st phase training will be extended one more year.
in this issue one trainee will work 5 years or more to complete his training
In this my quarries are :
can we continue any persons as trainee more than 5 years ?
Trainee is eligible of gratuity if he is completed 5 years service ?
what are the obligation on trainees as a principal employer
if the trainee died while one training , can he eligible of gratuity ?
I seek clarification on the above quarries along with case law (if available)
Thanks & Regards
Rao

From India, Guntur
gopinath varahamurthi

Dear Friend,
It is strange training is for more than one year, a training period should not be more than one year, then you may put them under probation for six months, it is really a situation either the company/organisation lacks good training or there is fishy..Even, the best military camp training is one year and extends for six months in exceptional cases for the best talents of strategic success, in the service they get trained for skill, successful leadership etc., yet nothing go beyond two years continuously... any how, best of luck for creating best training and please do not extend beyond the retiring stage...

From India, Arcot
tajsateesh

Since you raised the query about Gratuity, pl elaborate IF this is the first time this issue has cropped-up OR are you referring to a future situation & want to be prepared for it? Rgds, TS
From India, Hyderabad
D.S.Nath
I have a query.
We do have trainees who are trained in specific modules pprepared by our technical team.
We give them Offer Letter which states that they will be trained and placed.
We do not charge anything nor do we charge anything. After completion of training we get them placed in organisations which require trained candidates.
Many candidates leave us and take job else where based on our training.
My query is can we charge some part of training costs and mention this clearly in the Offer Letter given to trainees. Please answer

From India, Hyderabad
D.S.Nath
We do not charge anything nor do we pay them anything during training period.
From India, Hyderabad
gopinath varahamurthi

dear friend,
Genuinely speaking, you can charge from the trainee for providing job skills, training to the market requirement, value to the customer in the instant case to the companies who are ready to take your trainees etc.,... also, you can offer, some incentives to the trainee provided you have good revenue for the society as a gesture of satisfaction to you and your organisation may be as social welfare measure... better, you cannot impose PF/ESI for the trainees as they are not employers of the organisation, yet, you have to adapt to the trainee procedures... best of luck ...

From India, Arcot
D.S.Nath
Dear Gopinath Sir,
I thank you for the advise.
We do not want to charge Trainees and want to provide training free of cost.
Our revenue may come from the payment which we may get from the companies where these trainees will be placed by us post completion of training.
Our concern is - What if, the candidate do not want placement and leave us or leave in-between before completion of training.?
Can we put a clause in the Offer Letter give to trainees as follows:- " In case you leave us before completion of training or do not want to get placed then you have to remit us Rs.20,000/- (say) towards cost of training."

From India, Hyderabad
tajsateesh

Hello DS Nath,

While appreciating your views & PoA of your expenses/Fees coming from the Companies, I think you also need to be realistic.

Suggest 'think thru the head' rather than 'thru the heart' in such situations.

Your practice/plan of not charging the Trainees is MORE THAN LIKELY to be taken advantage of by many of them--in the process, not sure IF you can achieve the Break-even also.

One way of keeping your lofty philanthropy AND the reality together COULD be this: Charge the trainees FROM THE BEGINNING, maybe on a monthly basis....on normal commercial terms......with a RIDER that the Fees would be refunded IF they get placed thru you. If needed, you could even give this Commitment in writing to ensure there's no Trust-deficit. However, this would need that you have the 'Fees from the Companies' angle FULLY & COMPLETELY covered without any loose-ends. Else you would end-up refunding the trainees & also not get anything for your efforts.

Your Plan to add the "clause in the Offer Letter...............you have to remit..............." MAY NOT be practical. It's more likely that you may have run after many of them to get your money. Keep the Refund action in YOUR hands/control.

All the Best.

Rgds,

TS

From India, Hyderabad
gopinath varahamurthi

Dear Friend,

It is best to have a strategy of complete structure..

Please give training - kindly charge for the training given to the candidate, let the amount of charge be factual for the needy, company satisfaction give a valid trained candidate.. this comes under service sector and apprentice is different..

Never except all the candidate are genuine and the best is thinking with the heart is different from the head..never hesitate to talk to the candidate as training is the cost for him trained for a valid reason and nothing comes free, in case, you want to give free training better give/provide to the needy and provide them placement with the condition of getting the amount on placement else ask them to contribute to the training institution as a gesture of good will in cash or kind, this is your organisation and you can have the word..

The training module can be charged according to your strategy...let the minimum amount of training be Rs.5,000/- and too you can decide...

Placement is different industry and providing employment is basically different from training both the things should not be clubbed as a single factor...

From India, Arcot
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.