No Tags Found!

PTKSVEL
I was offered employment in an MNC company, and in offer letter nothing was mentioned about Notice period.(till then it was 1 month\'s notice on either side). I accepted the offer and joined in one of its site.

My Appointment letter was not issued on date of joining and was issued to me later - after 25 days from joining date. While issuing I was told not to mention the date while signing.

In appointment letter regarding Notice Period it is written as follows: \"In case of resignation from services during the probationary period you shall serve one months notice. After the completion of your probationary period your services can be terminated by giving 3 months notice or salary in lieu thereof. In case of resignation from the services you shall serve full notice period of 3 months.Leave or salary will not be adjusted against any shortfall in notice period\".

1) Is this legally acceptable?...as I had no other option to sign the appointment letter after joining the organisation ...or else I would have been jobless.

2) Is it possible to work for 1 month and adjust balance of 2 months with Leave/salary.

HR experts please give your suggestions/feedback.

From India, Mumbai
talentsorcerer

Check earlier thread - similar discussion. In your case, legally it is applicable despite you signing the agreement after joining.
From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.