dhiraj_1281
Dear sir,
I need an answer to one of my question on termination
I had chat on official email with office colleague in that chat i had written that our manager is "kandi" and "will file a case against him"
They have shown me that chat and issued a termination letter and mentioned that due to non supporting and coordination and some other things off and on floor are cause of your termination.i justed to know is it valid reason without giving warning before.

From India, Delhi
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Dhiraj,

There are few questions on your post. These are as below:

a) What is the nature of your industry? What is your designation? Since when are you working in the current company? Are you a confirmed employee?

b) What is the meaning of "kandi"?

c) Does your company have standing orders certified by the labour department?

d) What was the process of termination? Did your company conduct the domestic enquiry? If not domestic enquiry, were you issued with the show cause notice? If you were issued with show cause notice then what was your reply? When the termination happened? After how many days or weeks of termination have you written this post?

e) How were relations with your manager? Were these frosty?

f) With whom did you chat? How the company officials had access to the chat messages?

Final comments: - Legal angle apart, passing derogatory remarks against one's manager is never appreciated. Nobody is perfect in this world and so was your manager. You could have taken his shortcomings in your stride. By passing the derogatory remarks in the chat, you have provided the material evidence. Managers are the representatives of the management. Disrespect of the manager is disrespect of the management as well. Therefore, the authority has come down heavily on you. Through your termination, they wish to send a signal to one and all that they meant business and there will be zero tolerance towards those who hold their organisation in contempt.

Legal opinion can be given on receipt of the complete information. Process of your termination could be wrong also. Nevertheless, it is important for you even at this stage also to tender apologies and ask for the revocation of the termination order.

Has your company issued service-cum-employment letter? If yes, what remarks have they written for separation from the company? Lastly, are you unemployed now? If yes, then you would be considered as "needy" candidate hence future HR may leverage on your current status and will have more bargaining power.

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.