Anonymous
Hello Every One ,

I need some valuable guidance from senior resources in this forum . I will keep my query brief .

I was about to get engaged to a girl whose cousin brother happens to be a senior director ( HR) in my organization ( XXXXXXX). I recently called off my engagement because the girl has drinking problem and lied to me in certain matter . Sorry to bring in my personnel topic as I want the readers to be clear .

Now , yesterday night my immediate manager was worried and told me that the person (HR mentioned above ) called him up to ask about me and knows my personnel happenings . This has upset me tremendously . How could such a senior person lose his dignity and call up my manager to discuss about me ,just because the engagement has been called off with his sister ?

I doubt this HR could stoop so low that he could try to tarnish my reputation and frame against me . I have a very good reputation in the organization and the interference by a senior HR in my personnel life has cautioned me .

Just because someone has a upper hand in the organization doesn't mean he will interfere in my personnel matter .

How could I bring this mater up to a upper level management since the person involved is senior HR in India COE, probably recruited as head HR . I would like to change my organization as well because I highly doubt that the person will keep interfering in my business, bothering my manager.

I am not sure who is going to listen to my request in this regard in the organization. I want to leave the organization and cite this matter as a reason . Kindly assist me with the appropriate way tackle the situation .

Regards.

From India, Bhubaneswar
gopinath varahamurthi

Dear,
Always patience pay...
Wait and find out whether the Senior CEO is really interested in you better never get into the conclusion and take a decision, sometimes, the another angle may open up to you, they may show interest in you and your personal happenings in the hope that those things should not interfere in your work, since, your manager told that he may enquire about you and your personal happenings and want that girl to be away from you . calm and patience always pay ... rest is yours ...
best of luck .........

From India, Arcot
Anonymous
gopinath varahamurthi - you have not understood my concern . The person has already contacted my manager with an ulterior motive . The bad thing about people here is they can misuse their authority to harass an employee. And I am highly suspicious of this mentioned person character . Why on earth a person will talk about my personnel matter with my manager ? I kindly request some senior personnel to put some input to tackle this situation..
From India, Bhubaneswar
Dinesh Divekar

Dear friend,
How far your manager is ready to support you in this affair? If he wishes to be mute spectator then nothing can be done as such. However, if he is ready to support you in the form of providing the audio recordings of the telephonic conversation that happens with Senior Director HR then you will have solid evidence of harassment.
By the way, how many times Senior Director HR has called your manager? Was it one-off case or there were repeated calls?
Every person has feet of clay. Will it be possible for you to Senior Director HR under surveillance? Is it possible for you to get evidence for his wrong doing at some another area of activity?
You have mentioned the company's name also. What if Senior Director HR notices this post and files libel suit against you in the cyber crime branch?
As told by previous member, wait for some time. Possibly Director may forget the whole thing also.
Thanks,
Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
esp2001uk

Hi, Since you are under surveillance, I suggest you be careful in all your professional matters. Do not comment about anything within your office as to what happened with the girl. Be prudent and diplomatic with everyone in the office and always be cautious.
From India, Madras
saswatabanerjee

I read your post in details.
I am not sure what you want to ask.
You are already looking to change your job.
Are you asking for our approval ?
Or are you asking whether you should stay ?
You have already told us that you think the HR director will interfere in your life and damage your reputation. You are there in the comoany, on the job. You will know what is possible or not. How can we, as outsiders tell ?
If you are asking how you can complain, or to whom, again, we can't tell you. We dint know either structure, org set up or attitude. We don't know how senior or critical you are for the company. Do you think they will bother to take up action on your allegation of harassment ?
You have to make your assessment and take action on the same

From India, Mumbai
Satish Akut

Dear friend,
How could you conclude that you are being harssed ? How many times he had called up your manager ? If it is only once, then it could be a casual enquiry out of curiosity. In such case don't worry. If it is not the case & you experience direct or indirect way of being harassed, then as long as you are in the same organization you must be very cautious while doing your job & in that case you will have no option but to change the job. Be patient, consult your immediate manager from time to time before you come to a final conclusion, I fear, perhaps you are unnecessarily worrying. Start doing your office work in normal ways.
Regards,
Satish Akut

From India, Pune
Ddoaba

Dear Member,
If you are suspecting foul play then gather the evidence for use at appropriate time in appropriate forum..................e.g. recording of incidences (audio/visual/witnesses)...........
The evidence and that to irrefutable evidence alone comes to rescue.......
You are certainly doing good by contemplating separation........in such situation....

From India, Chandigarh
gopinath varahamurthi

dear anonymous,
understanding a problem and facing it are different... prudence and patience is the only thing you can make, never let loose yourself, yet, you must be certain you are being cornered.. how do you come into conclusions of vice? and ulterior motives? you are not a coward to run away, be aware the universe is not small neither your organisation, never make exemplary evidences and more than swallow is put into your mouth, all have a line to be broken... again i do reiterate understanding a problem is entirely different from facing it ...

From India, Arcot
Anonymous
Thank you everyone for taking time to answer my concern . I had a chat with my manager and he gave me a hint that somebody in the organization wants to have me under surveillance . My manager is unwilling to disclose the name , though I am cent percent sure its from the same person in question here . In short the manager is diplomatic in this episode and seems to feel comfortable taking orders from the Ups . So gathering evidence against the person in question doesn't look as a possibility .
So finally I am victim of unlawful practice .Just because someone has a power can he / she use it unlawfully against an employee; moreover, taking personnel matter to interfere in my professional work .
As some have suggested contemplating seperation seems to be a viable option in this case . Can I site this whole episode (ie. interference of a senior HR in my professional life ) as a reason to quit ? If so , how can I quote in an appropriate way while resigning . ? Kindly assist

From India, Bhubaneswar
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.