uds.lak@gmail.com
Dear Friends / Professionals.
I work in a NGO and to refine the prints of the existing policy which is a bit liberal I would like to have content that needs to go in for a policy that covers all aspects including data theft, causes on which legal action can be taken, how to take a legal step if employees run away from the job responsibilities or openly say that employer cannot do any thing against the person.
Kindly share with me or guide on how to redevelop and make them sign all the clauses so that against any infringement the employer has an upper hand

From India, Noida
Dinesh Divekar

Dear friend,
You need to have two important policies well in place one is Policy on Employee Discipline & another is Policy on Asset Allocation. There are few other things as well. I will send the details separately.
Thanks,
Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
archanakashelkar
Hi Everyone, Need to work on HR policies for an NGO? What would be the must haves? Which acts do I keep in mind to be 100 % compliant? Thanks in advance!

Vishvajeet Pawar

Hi,
Dear UDS.Lak,
I can understand your point and from where it is coming. However, while working in an NGO sector, it largely depends on senior management.
Transparency and Open door policies which are part of daily life in an NGO, it is really difficult for people to accept the tailored new policy with restrictions.
From an experience, you can brainstorm on following pointers which will help you further,
1. Is TOP management ready to implement the policy? The will have to release the version of HR policy on the floor with the signatures?
2. HR policy process does include discussion with employees on each and every norm, as they might have queries, or suggestions. You as an HR, will have to facilitate that discussion? takeaways from the discussions will have to be discussed again with the Top Management (Founders, trustees) and the decisions have to be made,
3. Decisions taken will or will not be in favour of employees, you will have to facilitate another dialouge with employees and share it with them. BE Firm and Polite thats the key.
4. Minutes of meetings and Signatures of every person for the meeting shows that this was discussed with them. (both with management and employees)
5. Once the final meeting is done, Share 1 copy with each employee and ask them to give an acnkowledgement that they have received, understood the policy and they will adhere to the policy.
DONE.
While drafting the policy, Be neutral, refer all the new clauses, laws and practices. If the policy is aligned as per legal framework, it has an added advantage to employer.
Make it a standard draft, so that people will have less issues.
Best Luck.
Regards.

From India, Mumbai
malvika-rawat
Hi All, Please share child labour policy for NGO.
From India
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.