No Tags Found!

thi4parent1984

Dear All, Can I request your support and guidelines to record Energy Consumption which will help us to conserve the Energy been used at our site. Due to Remote access of our site we do not have Electrical Supply rather we generator Power with 2 Diesel Generator keeping one as standby. Our Generator can show only the current consumption as per the load. Am not able to calculate the Energy consumption per hour, Day, Week or Monthly. Is there is any ways or calculations to find out the Energy consumption with regards to delivery of Diesel supply.
Please do the needful,
Looking forward for your reply,
Thank you in advance,
Regards,

From India, Delhi
captrajeshwarsingh

Diesel Generator set can not be related to consumption. for one bulb also you have to run and for 1000 also. you calculate what all equipment are running and what is their rating. then you can have calculation of load and consumption. you can put electrical meter to your all equipment and you will know the consumption.
regards,
Capt Rajeshwar Singh

From India, Thana
thi4parent1984

Dear Rajeshwar Singh,
Thank you for your reply,
Am not sure about the cost of Electrical meter in Saudi Arabia. At this point of time top management may not approve to have electrical meter for every equipments. Would you please guide me if there is any simple method that i can follow or thats suits our requirement.
Regards,

From India, Delhi
captrajeshwarsingh

The cost of smart electrical meter in India is Rs. 4000 and less. you may find cheaper and better quality in Saudi. Also calculate your consumption at site after taking daily report as which eqpt worked for how many hr/days etc. link given below
:: BSES Delhi ::
regards,
capt

From India, Thana
loginmiraclelogistics

Dear Thi4

This is a peculiar problem associated with remote area where you have to depend on DG sets as the grid supply is not available. 2 DG sets are OK but as others pointed out you have to run one and the same DG set whether you require only bulbs-on or motors to operate. My suggestion is, at best you should have smaller DG set say 25 kva or 100 kva and also 100, 580 kva etc as you might require depending load to be connected. For e.g. during off duty you might run only for lighting for which a 25 kva smaller DG set should suffice. Likewise when on duty during which you have to run other equipment, machines etc so the load will increase and hence you have run bigger DG set say 580 kva and so on. To enable this you can have dedicated line for lesser consuming items like lighting, fans etc which can be connected with a smaller set and others via a separate line with a bigger set on. In other words, as you know, you don't use a crane to lift a Desk Top PC but at the same time you deploy bigger crane to lift and move a CNC m/c. Thus it will help you to lessen or optimise diesel consumption. Both can also be connected thru' a common meter to ascertain units consumed vis-a-vis hours of DG run and diesel consumption. One more method is you have to maintain register/folio of every light, appliances & equipment and note down no.of minutes they are on and you can compute the units consumed by every such units by applying rated capacity of those items. Since bulbs, fans and other office eqpt. like PCs/printers etc. consumes comparatively less power it's not likely to answer your high cost of power. Whereas you have to watch dry run of your connected eqpt. and m/cs to have effective control.

From India, Bangalore
thi4parent1984

Thank you for your inputs I agree with your point to have a smaller DG set. Let me suggest the recommendations to the Top Management let’s hope for the best. Regards,
From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.