No Tags Found!

askrwr@gmail.com
hi...Experts. And Dear All...Plez.Tell me The All Main Work Of HR deprtment..I a MNC....plez tell..
From India, Delhi
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Ajay,
Are you a student or professional? You work in the MNC in what capacity? Why you got this doubt?
The main job of HR department is to improve the productivity or maintain the productivity at certain level of each person or department in order to optimise the various costs associated with the business. We need to optimise the costs as while reducing one cost, we should not increase some other cost.
Notwithstanding this larger goal of HR, I recommend you finding out what is psyche of your VP(HR) or Director HR. These HR honchos have penchant of getting obsessed with some HR jargon. Find out what jargon your boss loves most. That is the main work of HR department as long you are in the that MNC or your boss is in the company.
Thanks,
Dinesh V Divekar

From India, Bangalore
nashbramhall

Dinesh Divekar has given sound suggestions.
Please may I take this opportunity to request those posing questions to give the complete scenario at the outset, to save time of experts. Also, it helps to give precise answers instead of giving answers based on assumptions.
I have given the above suggestion in another thread thread, too.

From United Kingdom
askrwr@gmail.com
i m working in account dept. dear Dinesh ji..I m just want to know for knowledge....that what are the legal work ..by a assistant hr manager.. like PF/ ESI ect..
From India, Delhi
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Ajay,

Primary duty of any HR Manager is to manage to the performance of the people working in his/her company, derive maximum value from the people etc. Knowledge of legal aspects is secondary. In this secondary level also PF/ESI comes little later. I say so because even if some mistakes happen in PF/ESI calculations, there is scope to correct these. By chance if there are notices from PF or ESI officers then there is scope to write back or correct the anomaly.

Whereas there are legal issues because of which companies entangle in the legal hassles or image of the organisation comes under the cloud. Therefore, knowledge of employee discipline, how to handle domestic enquiry etc is far more important.

Take the case of following news report:

Pay techie Rs 12.5 lakh for sacking her, Karnataka labour department orders US-based firm <link updated to site home> ( Search On Cite | Search On Google ) .

The unsaid part of the news is that those who worked in HR Department did not know the legal consequences of sacking an employee. The whole issue was botched up because leadership did not bother about the laws that protect the workers' rights.

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.