No Tags Found!

Hi,
In my company we have a policy of 15 days training, in which if the selected employee is not able to perform up to a certain level then he will be fired with no salary of 15 days.
My query is, when i used to explain this while induction and policy explanation employees get confused and take it in a negative way, some of them stop coming from next day.
Hiring in a BPO is very difficult, plz suggest some better ways to explain it to them and motivate them by this.
Thanks in advance.

From India, New Delhi
Dinesh Divekar

Dear 9310466986,
If any employee works for a day then he/she should be paid for that day. This is what Payment of Wages Act says. Non-payment of wages is illegal. If your company starts making policies inconsistent with the labour laws then it has to pay price too.
Non-adherence of labour law apart, your management has failed another count. In order to recover the training charges, they stopped payment of salary. But this in turn increased the cost of attrition. So which cost is more, training cost or manpower attrition cost?
Lastly, you are unable to attract confident candidates. A confident candidate will never quit. During the training, he/she will study hard and try to pass the training test. Start conducting the IQ tests during the recruitment process. If trainees quit during the training then it reflects on their low IQ. Fix this problem too.
Ok...
Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
talentsorcerer

9310 - You can't 'explain'. It is easier if you change the format and issue a letter to 'selection to a vocational training program' and issue appointment letters only after the 15 day period, else you need to pay them for 15 days.
From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.