dipil

Dear All
I have sent a courier dated 23.08.2014 from Ernakulam, Kerala to Kotputli, Jaipur, Rajasthan through DTDC Courier service. Even after many many telephonic and email follow ups, DTDC yet delivered the same.
Can I sue against them? I have the courier docket receipt, all email follow ups, etc.
Awaiting to hear from the legal experts. If I can sue them and get compensation, I would even require the help of a professional lawyer for the same.

From India
P.Agrawal

first please go to DTDC website and track your docket No.
also check with the office in Ernakullam, where you handed over the documents and who issued the docket No. This should be done by a personal visit if possible.
for claiming the compensation you will have to revel the contents of the document and then assess the loss.

From India, Delhi
dipil

Hi Mr. Agarwal
Thanks.
I have done all those formalities what you mentioned over mail and telephonic discussion. Not visited in person, which time wont be allowing to me.
My specific queries are:
1. How can I send a legal notice to DTDC? Do I need a lawyer help at this point?
2. What is the procedure for file a complaint in consumer forum
3. One I send the legal notice and then DTDC deliver this courier, my efforts get waste or still I can claim anything from them for the delay caused?
4. The content of the courier was some medicine and a mobile cover. What the maximum compensation I can claim?
5. If I go to an advocate and he help me, I have to pay some professional fees to him. Is that possible to claim this as well from DTDC?
Awaiting to hear your comments.

From India
ANIL KUMAR T B

Dear Dipil,
Before going to the Consumer Forum, please check the liability clause mentioned in the back of the Bill/Receipt. It may not exceed a particular limit of amount. DTDC is liable for that only. You can claim insurance on lose of shipment, subject to insured the shipment.
Anil

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.