No Tags Found!

joylin

Dear Seniors ,
I am working in a growing IT company , where my responsibility includes more in employee engagement activities, my management expects me to conduct IQ test to the employees monthly once, activities quarterly once and one to one discussion monthly once. I Started this well, but I am unable do it regularly . I request the seniors to help me with providing creative IQ interesting test questionnaire eg( Einstein riddle) also questions to make the one to one session more beneficial to the management as well as to the employees and please share activity ideas and experiences.
Thanks
Joylin.

From India, Chennai
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Joylin,
What prompted your management to believe that when we conduct regular IQ tests, it improves the employee engagement? Where they got evidence of this sort? Suppose if your management told you this then you too believed it gullibly? Conducting IQ tests at the time of recruitment is one thing and conducting for regular staffs is another.
What is the impact of the whatever IQ tests that you conducted? Did the tests improve employee engagement? Would you mind to share the outcome of the tests?
My humble request is to revisit your idea on employee engagement and IQ tests. Sooner you get rid of the misconceptions on these counts the better.
Thanks,
Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
joylin

Hi Divekar,
Thanks for your response. First I admit that I am new to Employee Engagement . That's why I've put my questions to the seniors.
My management believes that conducting IQ test will stimulates the employees IQ level and help them to think smart and fresh at work. Though we conduct aptitude test while recruiting candidates ,Because many people once they are employed are not spending time to improve their knowledge. The impact in conducting this kind of test is improvising the IQ level among the employees. Even I have experienced the difference .
May be I can separate this from employee engagement and title as Employee Knowledge Time. I would be happy if you could provide me sample questionnaire.
Thanks
Joylin

From India, Chennai
Ryan

Hi Joylin,
Regular IQ tests will only make them good at IQ tests - nothing more, nothing less and nothing else. You should try to see how they can incorporate the learning on the job.
Improving knowledge for the job could be done through
1) designing a quiz contest or a crossword - if your organization has the infrastructure, then it could be done online through the intranet.
2) holding special sessions where they share best practice of the week or the month (from any department). The idea is for them to translate this into simple language from which everyone can learn.
3) Having a suggestion scheme.
Hope this helps.
Regards,

From India, Mumbai
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Joylin,
This is in addition to my previous post and what Ryan has given suggestions. You may call me on my mobile +91-. If you are not from India then we may use Skype. My Skype ID is <dineshvasantdivekar> I would like to give you few ideas. Writing the whole thing may not be possible.
All the best!
Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
nkulsh

Hi Joylin

Some interesting suggestions... But here is a fundamental issue that i suggest you concentrate on first. Try and understand what exactly Employee Engagement is all about. What does it mean and why is it very important. Doing something because your management wants you to do and doing the same thing because you feel it important, effective and productive are two different things with diversely different results...:-)

Today you are having these doubts only because you yourself are not very clear what this is all about. If you did understand this you would have outrightly realized that IQ if one factor that absolutely has no implication or any effect on Employee Engagement.

You must take Dinesh's offer and talk to him. Try and have him explain to you what employee engagement is all about. I know of quite a few senior HR professionals who are ,inspite of their seniority, as clueless as you are about what it actually means. They feel, like your management, that employee engagement is about a few activities that need to be conducted that would miraculously recreate an "Engaged Employee".

We are here collectively to guide you but there are absolutely no shortcuts to success...:-)

Have fun...

Cheers

Navneet

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.