Anonymous
I have been working one company from last 3 months and I don't like to be continue here.I sent resignation to my manager few days before but i haven't applied in the automated tool yet. I have got offer from new organisation to join in a week. Unfortunately, as per my current company policy I need to serve 1 month notice period but I have only one week in my hand to serve the current company.

I have told to my new company i'm not working from last 3 months on wards. If I say they don't take me because they say what's guarantee I will continue with them as well. Please advise how do i handle this situation. If I apply in the tool for 1 week notice then if they don't agree what would happen, I have to join new organisation at any cost otherwise I will not survive.

From India, Hyderabad
fc.vadodara@nidrahotels.com

You would have thought of your survival before telling lies to your interviewer, what happens if your new employer come to know the fact that you were on roll of the existing company, the consequences you can imagine. Lies does not bring good results. The only view I can give you is try to negotiate with your existing company for a Notice Period Buyout if you have any and exit smoothly.
From India, Ahmadabad
HR_learning2006

Mr. Saji has rightly said that you should have been transparent with your new employer and informed them the reasons of your desire to quit your current job.

Please carefully go through your Terms of employment in your Appointment letter and Company Policy related to Employee Exit.

I assume that you are in a probation period in your current organisation .Generally in most organisations , the Notice Period during probation period is less than a month and only after you get confirmed the probation period is one month.This is for junior and middle level.But at senior level, the notice period during probation is one month.

Firstly,you will have to send your resignation through automated tool.You can check on the notice period during probation and accordingly discuss with your current employer. Also simulatenously you can start your handover so that they can relieve you at the earliest.

if they insist on one month you can ask them to deduct notice pay.

But by misleading your new employer on your employment status you have created a problem for you.

Your current employer will issue you a relieving letter / work experience certifcate mentioning the date on which you will be relieved. Also if your new employer undertakes past employment verification , they will come to know the truth.

Please avoid such things in future.

Regards,

Sumeet

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.