kamalasankar
Dear seniors,
I am working as a Sr. HR Executive in the Infrastructure Company and I have a query regarding EPF.
In my company, some of the employees who are earning more than Rs.6500 as basic have been excluded from EPF and they got exemption by submitting the Form-11 to EPF department.
Now as per the new enhanced EPF ceiling, their basic salary is not more than Rs.15000. Can we still continue to exempt the above employees whose basic salary is between 6500 and 15000?
In case, if we have to start deduction from now onwards, do we need to cancel their previous exemptions?
Please suggest me the correct procedure to follow.
Thanks and regards,
Sankar

From India, Hyderabad
varghesemathew

There is no point in cancelling earlier exemptions.They shall be covered under EPF from 1.9.14. Varghese Mathew
From India, Thiruvananthapuram
ashvan.2927@gmail.com

Hi Sankar.
* If employees Basic is less than 15000Rs than you need to cover that employee under EPFO scheme from 01-09-2014, if employees basic is more than 15000Rs than you can ask them to submit form no 11 revised to employer for exemption from EPFO scheme,
* If any employee who is previously exempted from scheme but now his basic salary is less than 15000rs so we need to deduct PF from his salary and ask them to submit form 2 for nomination.
For more information you can contact your enforcement officer of your region, they will guide you properly.
Regards,
Ashish Thakkar

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.