nestor_mascarenhas
Dear All,
We are a Manufacturing Firm , and I would like to know under what the Trainees come , for Payment of Stipend , How much Stipend can be given to them ,
also please if Possible give me the reference for your Answer since I will be required to present the Reference to my Seniors.
Warm Regards,
Nestor Mascarenhas.

From India, Mumbai
Madhu.T.K

Trainees other than apprentices engaged through the RI centres following the provisions of Apprentice Act should be paid wages as per minimum wages applicable to your industry. Such trainees should also be given ESI, PF, bonus and other benefits like leave, overtime allowances. Their period of service as trainee should be counted for the purpose of deciding and calculating the amount of gratuity in case they leave your organisation after 5 years including this training period. In case your establishment has a certified standing order, then their service conditions shall be as per the standing orders. Such trainees are excluded from the coverage of EPF but they are to be given ESI.
For trainees taken as apprentices under the Apprentice Act, the stipend is notified by the Govt. of India. Please follow that rates.
Madhu.T.K

From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.