Anonymous
Presently I am working with a Small company with manpower around 30 employees as an HR. The management has moved me into a Governance Role, but I am not having any idea about the same. Kindly help me with the job responsibilities and new ideas to make governance and control in the organization better.As in how to start doing the work. We have certain access control policies which we follow while communication in the organization. Pls help me out.
From India, Bareli
gopinath varahamurthi

Governance is the process of verification of performance of the employee, you proceed with normal issues then follow, grow with the organisation...
From India, Arcot
bhavya123
The company has divided Governance into various parts- People Governance, Assets Governance, Transaction Governance.People governance can include Time Office activities , assets governance is auditing the assets records of the company, transaction governance is the trade related work is going as per policies or not. The main problem is that I am not having any authority-the management asks me to just note down the observations. And no action is taken on them.How to make this profile more valuable??
From India, Bareli
B K BHATIA

Bhavya, you are rightly confused since the word \'governance\' is seldom used to assign job responsibilities to HR.
Nevertheless, it includes the laying down of HR Policy guidelines & HR processes for the organization, communicating the same to employees and managing compliance of the same. This ensures the governance of people as per some standard norms which are transparently shared in the environment.
Suggest you may start with the Leave Policy (including attendance, holidays, working days & working timings) & get the same approved by your management before sharing with all employees. Other aspects will include preparing Job Descriptions for all job positions (if not existing already), followed by reporting channels (based on organization structure).
Like this you can move forward.
And in case your management favors e-governance to exercise better controls, you can look for \'EmpXtrack\' on the web as a useful tool.

From India, Delhi
bhavya123
Thanks Mr. Bhatia for your reply but all these things are already implemented in the organization.Its just that people are not following the same.We have a policy of wearing zone tags but they dont follow it.We have access controls while communicating with other employees and have to follow our zone.And as these employees are old or they are beneficial for business therefore HR ignores their mistakes or dont take any action on it.As per my role I just observe and not having any authority to take action.
From India, Bareli
saiconsult

What I understand from my readings of the subject, governance is a higher function and more solemn responsibility than a mere HR functionary.

The object of governance is to safeguard interests of all stake holders ie. employer, employees and organisation, by

1) establishing systems, mechanisms, procedures, principles and practices for effective carrying out HR functions and initiatives.For example setting up grievance redressal system for a time bound redressal of grievances or designing an objective PMS etc

2)ensuring transparency about HR policies by letting the employees know about their rights and responsibilities

3)ensuring fairness and objectivity in implementing the HR policies. For example,evaluating the performance of employees objectively or granting rewards strictly as per eligibility norms without showing any favouristism

4)fixing accountability at various levels for implementing the policies fairly.

5)Enhancing the value and stock of all stake holders by designing suitable training programmes to build skills so that their productivity grows for overall growth of business.

Hope this helps.

B.saikumar

HR & IR Advisor

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.