No Tags Found!

vishwanathsp
Dear all

I am a new member of this forum, hence forgive me if I am asking a question which might have been answered.

I worked for a company say X, @ bangalore which has pf account with rpfc, for 2 yrs, 2 months and then i joined Y, which has its own pf trust. I tried transferring pf from X to Y. Which never got transferred. after about 2 years at Y, i joined Z and worked there for close 2.5 years. All these years @ Y and Z, whenever I followed up with X about fund transfer, I was told it is under process. Now I filed an RTI query and figured out that there is some issue @ RPFC, and they say, their records show fund transferred to Y, but are not able to trace the funds and hence want me to reapply. And Y has multiple times cofirmed that no funds were received

For past 2.5 years, I have been an independent consultant, so i have no active pf account to transfer the pf now. Also now my pf is lying with all three companies, and now I realise that any withdrawal will be taxed - obviously it is going to be a big chunk.

Can some one suggest the best option available for me?

1. Can i get tax exempt because for almost 2 yrs and 8 months now, I am not an employee any where?

2. I could not transfer the pf to into one account because of some unknown issue at rpfc which is not under my control, so can i get tax exemption

3. Shall I take up a job or wait for possible few more years, till I am part of a company where i will start getting a salary and hence will have a pf account, and

that time i can retry entire circus and hope things go fine..

I am also wondering if I can drag rpfc to consumer court,

Any guidance in this regard is a great help.

Thanks and regards

-Vishwa.

From India, Bangalore
sumitk.saxena

Dear Vishwa,
Greetings for the day,
1) As stated by you that EPF accumulation withdrawn is subject to taxable , i will quote that no tax liability is on withdrawn of epf/eps accumulation.
2) You quoted that right now you are consultant and you don't have any active EPF account, no problem if you want to withdraw the same you have to go the following process which will also solve your query for tractability :
a) Fill Form 19 & 10C for establishment whose EPF/EPS accumulation with the RPFC duly attested by the competent authority of that establishment & submit the same to related RPFC.
b) For those whose EPF accumulation is with the trust you contact with the establishment with your bank A/C no. & for EPS accumulation you have to fill only for 10C for EPS accumulation withdrawn.
The form are enclosing for the reference.
Thanks & Regards,
From,
Sumit Kumar Saxena

From India, Ghaziabad
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf Form10C.pdf (416.9 KB, 15 views)
File Type: pdf Form19.pdf (140.5 KB, 9 views)

vishwanathsp
Hello Sumeeth
Thanks for your message. I did not quite understand your first point though.
I have tried same steps you mentioned for withdrawal of pf.
The company that has account with RPFC says I need to add the amount I get after withdrawal to my annual income, and pay tax according to what ever slab it comes to. However the other company which has its own trust is not yet very clear on how they want to go about it, but looks like they want to go through older form16s, then change the taxable income and all that.. i am not sure if they want to do a TDS of the tax amount they arrive at....
That is why i am still trying to find out if there is a way i can some how get pf from all these accounts to one single account.
-Vishwa.

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.