No Tags Found!

sandeepKrishan.R
Dear seniors,
I am working in a reputed Automobile dealership and we are giving comparatively good salary package and other benefits to our employees. The major problem that we facing is employee turnover and a group of depressed employees,I need your valuable advice to overcome this problems and improve employee morale in our organization.

From India, Kochi
younglad

Let me suggest the following measures

1. Recruiting the right person is a pre requisite- (Don't merely fill the post but look for candidates who have a gleam in their eyes- They are the right ones provided they fit the other requisites) Recruitment is not an easy job, just because someone is academically qualified may not fit best. You need to search him out

2. Employee engagement is most urgent - Keep them engaged in the affairs of the company on their own levels, provide them hope for the future and assure them of fair judgement through policy implementation

3. Periodic training needs designed for your organisation- Training is mostly considered a waste of time and money- When the shoulders sag only a sense of purpose through training can lift them up.

Lastly you need someone who can implement this in right earnest and has a knack, bearing on intuition, knowledge and experience.

Hope this helps

Robin Varghese

blog: Shooting from the hip

From India, Delhi
bensimo

Robin gave you the right advice about engagement. Lead them to be fully engaged, highly motivated, highly committed Superstars who love to come to work. The question is, what actions must management take to achieve that?

The cause of poor morale and poor retention is always the same - employees do not feel respected and valued. Once again, what actions cause this and what actions will correct it? The problem is that leadership is wildly misunderstood and the leadership industry has been unwilling to decry the elephant in the room, the command and control approach to managing people that by its very nature tends to demotivated and disengage employees.

I am willing to act as your advisor/coach in this effort since as an executive managing people I learned the difference between the right actions and the wrong actions and why they are right and wrong. Most managers, whether high level executives or mid level managers, are taking the wrong actions and too few of the right ones.

Best regards, Ben

Leadership Skills for Managers and Executives.

From United States, Tampa
Satish Akut

Dear Sandeep krishan,

Employees turnover may be because of following reasons Please check in your company-

1. Treatment to new employees, irrespective of good salary- human relations are bad, superiors don't treat their subordinates well etc

2.If your company is at a remote location from city & you don't provide any transport facility or canteen facility

3.If employees are streached to work beyond normal working hours ( eight hours ) & asked to work during weekly holiday

4. Unsafe working conditions, too many accidents at work

If any of the above conditions prevail, please take corrective actions

Besides,I suggest following-

1.Greet new employee when he reports for joining. Arrange an introductory training in which you would cover company profile, products, customers, future business projections, collabrations, recognitions, awards received by company etc.

2. Explain company's organization chart & his position & reporting relationship, function of his department in the organization & how his ( new employee ) role is important.This will be explained by the departmental head with whom he is going to work

3.Company's promotion policy, annual appraisal system & what would be his prospects in future if he answers to expectations of his management ( to be explained by departmental head)

4.Company's rules & regulations, work safety discipline

Next step is create an atmosphere of employees participation in company's growth some suggestions are-

1.Explain in a meeting with all employees about company's next year business plan.

2.Based on above define company's goals

3.Ask individual deparments to identify departmental objectives in line with company's goals

4.Based on above define objectives of individual employee in the department

5.Explain to all that performance assessment criterial for individual employee would be successful meeting of his "defined objectives".

6.Reward for good performance & annonce in public.

7.Arraqnge trainings on motivation, positive thinking, leadership, time management, team building, conflict handling etc & such topics.

8 Each departmental head must have informal chat with his subordinates to understand their problems, aspirations etc & take possible actions to keep his subordinates happy.

9.Arrange a get together of all employees out side the company premises once or twice in a year with some entertainment progrrame & fllowed by dinner

Like this you can initiate many steps.for employees involvement & empowerment

Regards,

Satish Akut- 9822602908

From India, Pune
Hardeep

Some more suggestions which can be easily / quickly implemented :
1) Have an Exit Interview. Or try speaking to people who have already left awhile ago as to why they did and what are they doing now, how much are they earning etc....may give you some further feedback.And you may also find some of them willing to come back :-)
2) Have a confidential Employee Survey - can be as simple as putting workers in a room with a Paper Questionnaire which they answer without revealing their names at any place and drop the same in a box.
3) Have a Suggestion / Grievance Box - people could say what is bothering them without naming themselves - if you see a pattern emerging these are the pain points you need to address...
All above will give you leads towards interventions , trainings etc. as required.

From United States, New York
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Sandeep,
The subject has come up for discussion time and again. You could have done attrition analysis and given break up of attrition based on department, gender, seasonal factor etc. Anyway, you may refer my following post or reply of past post:
http://citehr.com <link fixed>
Early Warning System' to control attrition
Ok...
Dinesh V Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Jayalakshmi Sharma
Hi Everyone,
I'm new to this cite. But i kept reading the blogs from past 2 months. In one or the other way, I have gained vast knowledge out of this.
So thanks to all.
k, lets come to the point... my question is...
Is it true that, maximum of the automobile manufacturing companies pressurise their employees...? y i have com up wit this question is bcoz even one of my close relatives is the production engineer in a well reputed automobile company, he and his friends who all belong to different automobile companies r going thru the same situation.... coz of this my relatives never suggest thier children to take up any course in mechanical.....
even i dont understant hw the assembly head can expect 1000 materials to be produced in a single day (by junior engineer with only 7 operators).
I heartedly apologize if one is hurt... but one can understand hw important is this issue...

From India, Delhi
bensimo

Dear Jayalakshmi,
This situation is the norm because the vast majority of executives use the command and control approach to managing their people. Sadly, this approach only serves to demotivate, demoralize, and disengage their employees.
What these executives don't know is that their power is not the power to direct because you can't direct people to have high morale or be highly motivated and love to come to work. No, an executive's power lies in their power to lead because people can be led to have high morale, be highly motivated, and love to come to work. Actually, leading is much easier and far less stressful than directing besides being highly effective.
Best regards, Ben Simonton
Leadership Skills for Managers and Executives.

From United States, Tampa
talentsorcerer

SandeepKrishnan: Have you tried giving them a car each :wink: That might put their morale into 'overdrive' :D [on a serious note, read about the Diamond merchant that provided cars to his employees, Infosys CEO providing iPhone 6's to their top performers and multiple such instances]
On a serious note - this topic is common place and I'll monitor this thread on a daily basis to see if there's any unusual answers here. I think the issue afflicting all of us in the HR environment is that we tend to keep spewing the same ideas over and over and we now need to ideate our own ways to address such issues. Clearly, the global MNC culture of employee engagement isn't going to work in the Indian context simply because we blindly emulated the western model and its time to change.

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.