Anonymous
i got placed in my campus placements. But i have a point in my resume about some event which i did not do but wrote in my resume and also i do not have any proof of it.Although in my interview no one asked about it.Can that point land me in any trouble? Do companies crosscheck the whole resume?
P.S. : i had that point removed but unfortunately i gave them my old resume which had that point and now i am feeling guilty.
what can happen?

From India, Chandigarh
Mahr

Hi, You need to be specific in your details. Can you explain us what you mean by "Event".
From India, Bangalore
Ashutosh Thakre

Hi, What is that you have mentioned and that you had removed.... Provide the details so as to provide a answer for the same. Regards, Ashutosh Thakre
From India, Mumbai
Anonymous
i wrote that i was a part of a team who organised LAN gaming event in college but i was not and i wrote it in my resume.
i have already got the job and rest everything was true in my resume. can this land me in some trouble?

From India, Chandigarh
vini.wonders

No! They wont cross check that! Relax but i’m sure it scared the living day lights out of you. Please don’t furnish wrong credentials in future. Its completely unethical.
From India, Delhi
Ashutosh Thakre

Dear Friend,
This wont be of any trouble for you. This can be any role that you have done in LAN gaming, not necessary the core member. This wont affect your career, there wont be any cross checking for the same.
But in future do not write anything that can damage your credibility. Cross check every word twice written henceforth any where by you.
All the best for your career.
Regards,
Ashutosh Thakre

From India, Mumbai
Anonymous
thnkyou all :)
It is not that i did not do anything in that event, i helped them but it was very little and also i do not have any proof or certificate to show for it. It is not actually a lie but ofcourse i was not in the core team, i was just a volunteer. But this is as good as not being a part of it. That is why i asked this question. But in future i will have this point removed.
thanks for the help again :)

From India, Chandigarh
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.