Anupriya Vijayakumar
Sir,
I am working as on accountant in a spinning mill, Tamilnadu. Four months back our mill came under esi coverage area. We applied for establishment code and successfully we uploaded and paid three months esi contributions.
Now I want to know other than monthly contribution procedures....
* what are the records and registers I should maintain.
* What are the forms we have to submit.
* What are the returns I have to provide...monthly, quarterly, half yearly and annual.
* what are the forms and procedures required to avail benefits...etc etc
Till now I have obtained IP number for the employees. How to get Esi Pehchan card.
Some say that family photo will taken at the ESI office. We don't have to provide a family photo as before.
Please guide me so that I can strictly follow the procedures

From India, Coimbatore
korgaonkar k a

Dear Queriest,
You need not to maintain any phisical form, register or return now on implementation of IT rollout by the department. Only you need to submit online Form 1A every year and RC every half year.

From India, Mumbai
Harsh Kumar Mehta

Sir(s),

1. Despite of implementation of online procedure, following registers are required to maintained in physical form by all the employers covered under ESI Act, 1948:-

(a) Accident Book as required under Regulation 66 of ESI (General) Regulations, 1952.

(b) Inspection Book as required under Regulation 102A of ESI (General) Regulations, 1952.

2. Following Returns or forms are required to be submitted online or as required as per procedure laid down:-

(a) Monthly Return of Contribution as was required earlier under Regulation 26 of the ESI (General) Regulations, 1952. Returns of contributions (for 6 months period) are now not to be submitted to the Branch Offices since the same are up-dated from the monthly returns so submitted by the employers. This can be confirmed from the appropriate Branch Office of ESIC.

(b) Declaration forms/Returns of DFs. in respect of new employees are also required to be submitted online within specified period.

(c) Return of Information on Factory/Establishment as required under Regulation 10-C.

(d) Accident Report as and when any accident occurs.( Regulation 68).

3. So far as names of forms and their details which are used in the Branch Offices of ESIC (for cash benefits) as well as in ESI Dispensaries (for medical benefit), the same can be ascertained after personally contacting the said offices. These forms are need-based i.e. are required to be completed as and when any insured person or employee of your unit will contact these offices for claims of cash benefits or medical benefit.

4. I will suggest you to please also visit websites of ESIC Hqrs. as well as of your appropriate Regional/Sub/Divisional Office of ESIC, from where you can also download relevant literature to enlighten you regarding procedural as well as legal aspects of ESI Act, 1948 and rules/regulations framed thereunder.

From India, Noida
korgaonkar k a

Dear Harsh Kumar ji, Thank you very much for pointing out that the accident book and inspection book is to be maintained in physical form. I missed it out to mention.
From India, Mumbai
sibabrata.majumdar

Dear Korgaonkarji,
In addition to accident and inspection book, a first aid register is required to be maintained in physical form. In case of accident or death case , the ESI Department calls for submission of a copy first aid register.

From India, Calcutta
Richa Trivedi
Dear Sir,
According to the labour law compliance ESI for every employee should be deducted, even for the contractual one. But if the salary of any employee is Rs 5000/- only and he do not want any kind of deduction then what should we do so.
Thanks
Richa

From India, Kota
korgaonkar k a

Dear Richa ji,
Not from every employee but only from Employees drawing up to Rs.15000 pm.
Yes. Not only from contractual one but also from contract labour. Hope you know the difference between contractual employee and contract labour.
ESI is mandatory up to salary Rs. 15000 pm. Nor employee or you have any option. However, average minimum daily wage is Rs. 100 there is no contribution from employee.

From India, Mumbai
Richa Trivedi
Dear Sir, Thank you very much for your revert. Please let me know what all policies we can implement in our company for grievance handling/ daily issues. Thanks Richa
From India, Kota
Anupriya Vijayakumar
Thank you Mr. Harsh Kumar Mehta and Mr. Keshav Korgoankar. Thanks for your valuable inputs.
Declaration Forms / Returns of DF's ...Means the counterfoil generated after uploading IP details...Right?
Or do they refer something else. Please clarify me.
And also guide me to get pehchan card. What are the procedures to get two or three cards for dependents who live in two different places other than the employee?

From India, Coimbatore
loginmiraclelogistics

----------------

You have to save copies of challans and take print outs and file them systematically for your ready reference. Similarly statement of employee wise contributions made also could be taken prints and filed. This may be required for your ref./to clarify as and when employees and family go to ESI dispensary/hospital and there ESI staff might ask for these details such as when & how the ESI contributions were remitted. On such occasions you may give them xerox copies of these particulars so that ESI facilities could be availed smoothly. Maintaining these records also would be very handy as and when ESI Inspectors visit your office.

The Pehchan card (in other words IP ID cards) will have to be obtained from the Branch Office concerned. This can be obtained by - Every employee along with his/her family should personally go over to the ESI-Local Branch Office under which your office is attached. There is arrangement made by ESI to photograph each member of the family and altogether on particular days and timings (you can check this by telephoning to the ESI office). After the photos are taken ESI make arrangements to send the individual ID cards directly to the employer concerned by courier which can be distributed to the employees. If there are different arrangements you can ascertain from the local Br.office related to your office.

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.