sundar.safety

Dear Friends, Industries are categorized by Factories Act? If so what is the criteria? Pls. explain. Regards, Sundar
From United States, Mundelein
umalme

I think industrial age brought factory act when people started creating tools and utensils for their personal and professional use.
The act may amended by their time lawyers and attorneys time by time as per requirements.
The actual criteria you may have to see factory act for the state. But minimum guidelines follow while in today competition employee and employer relationship is more than that. they pay you double money so they expect double work and deliver to client.
If there are gaps it means it's not happening !!!
So go for minimum and basics for each department beside factory act !!!

From India, Delhi
korgaonkar k a

Dear Queriest,
Your query is not clear to me but to tell you specific on the basis of my understanding your query, the FA as such does not categorized any Industry.
Your login title indicates that you are a safety guy and probably you would like to know the different provisions under FA, industry wise in respect to safety.
If it so, please refer the sections 85 to 91 of FA under the chapter IX which deals with Special Provisions. Also refer the applicable rules under the said chapter IX. On reading this chapter, one can come to conclusion that the FA categories industry / factory in to:
i. aid of power industry & non aid of power industry;
ii. public institutions maintained for the purposes of education; training research or reformation etc.;
iii. industry / factory scheduled as per dangerous operations, hazards, certain diseases etc.
I do not know whether you wanted to know this or some thing different.

From India, Mumbai
sundar.safety

Dear Keshav Korgaonkar,
Thanks for your reply.
This was asked by a HR Manager when I attended an interview. He asked me "do you know categories of industries as per Pollution Control Board?" I answered. Followed by that he again asked me " do you know categories of industries as per Factories Act?" I answered " I am not aware"
This is the context of that question. There are three categories of industries as per PCB i.e., Red, Orange and Green based on the potential for causing pollution. I thought there may be something with respect to Factories Act also. I forgot to ask the interviewer. So why posted this question here.
Regards,
Sundar

From United States, Mundelein
kknair

Dear S/Shree Sundar/Korgaonkar: The Factories Act categorises hazardous industries as seperate from others. In addition to that the safety requirements have been specified for each type of industry in the Factory Act Rules. KK
From India, Bhopal
korgaonkar k a

Dear KK,
Hope you are doing well.
I did mention the same but in elaborate way. I also mentioned about the different schedules as per dangerous operations, hazards, certain diseases etc. in which different safety requirements are specified. Hope we are on same line.

From India, Mumbai
umalme

Dear seniors,
Does Shop act have any interface with industry act ? Can i have a shop in factory land area or a factory in Shop land area ? In both case what is the effect of retired persons do they hire or fire young man force ?
umalme

From India, Delhi
kknair

Dear Umalme: The Shop & Establishment Act looks after certain specific aspects of the labour deployed therein like leave, welfare, other service matters etc, additionally shops are covered under other labour legislations wherever the same is included in its scope. You will have to rise specific query regarding the aspects you would like to be examined. KK
From India, Bhopal
tejashriindore

Hello, As per Factories Act their are 3 categories of industries. This categories are depends on no of employees in factory. 1. 0 to 50 2. 51 to 200 3. more than 200
From India, Mumbai
MANJIT SAFETY
Dear Sir, can anybody guide me that what is the permissible storage capacity of propane gas inside factory, to come out from MAH unit.
From India
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.