No Tags Found!

rakeshmbahr
For having a canteen facility how many employees should be there? please help me
From India, Visakhapatnam
Alphonse

Dear Friend As per Factories Act 250 employees. It is going to change 250 to 200 with in short period regards alphonse
From India, Madras
GOPALPERIWAL

At present is 250 employees and the provision for canteen is mandatory.
From India, Gwalior
ABHINAV TRIPATHI
Dear, is it your estb. is factory? if it so then as per FA-48 (SEC.46) there has to be canteen, where the no. of workmen should be more than 250.
From India, Varanasi

Dear Rakesh,

My request to you is that when you raise a query, please be specifice of the Act,which relates to your query.Now for instance your query as "For having a canteen facility how many employees should be there?" Now the members have presumed that your query must relates to Factory and according they have given answers.Now some of the following Acts also have the provisions of canteen in their ambit as discussed below:-

(a) The Contract Labour (Regulation and Abolition) Act, 1970 under its Section 16 also requires an employer to provide a canteen where 100 or more contract labour are in the employment.

(b) The Inter-State Migrant Workmen (Regulation of Employment and Conditions of Service) Act, 1979 under its Scection 41 provides that In every establishment wherein work regarding the employment of migrant workmen is likely to continue for six months and wherein migrant workmen numbering one hundred or more are ordinarily employed an adequate canteen shall be provided by the contractor for the use of such migrant workmen.

(c) The Contract Labour (Regulation and Abolition) Act,1970 provides that wherein contract labour numbering one hundred or more is ordinarily employed by a contract, one or more canteens shall be provided and maintained by the contractor for the use of such contract labour.

(d) The Building and Other Construction Workers (Regulation of Employment. And Conditions of Service) Act,1996 under Section 37 reqUires an employer to provide and maintain in every place wherein not less than two hundred and fifty building workers are ordinarily employed, a canteen for the use of the workers.

There may be some other legislations containing the statuory provisions for the maintenance of canteen.My motive of giving the illustration above is to emphasis my point that please "BE SPECFIC ABOUT THE ACT" in future.

Thanks,

BS Kalsi

From India, Mumbai
nileshbhatt1977@gmail.com

Dear, if factory? and it is as per FA-48 there canteen will be require,if nos. of workmen should be more than 250.
From India, Vadodara
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.