No Tags Found!

Shreya Mehta- Agnihotri
We recently installed a retina scanning biometric device in our factory premises. Though, the troubles started with the very installation day. It just does not recognize the employees. the database is just about 80 employees, and the company from which we procured it, now says to make a box around it like the PCO booths!!
Please help. I don't really know what to do, I have tried the 3-covered sides and done, it doesn't work. adjusted the height, angle, etc. Does anyone here have any idea as to how to solve it, or it needs some angle or something? I can pass on the details of the machine through the mail, as i do not wish to jeopardise the biometric company's name. Please help me with a few solutions to try. It's been over 2 months and it's still persisting...

From India, Mumbai
Prashant B Ingawale

Why don’t you go for Finger Biometric it is much simpler than Retina.....?
From India, Pune
Hardeep

AFAIK a retinal scan requires head be kept still for 10-15 seconds and controlled light conditions or it will fail, as you are probably finding out.
If your supplier told you about these before hand then you have to make the systems accordingly. Otherwise,as said above, a finger prints based system is the norm even for fairly large establishments...what specifics made you feel this system was better ?

From United States, New York
venkatraghavanm

Generally all bio-metric readers wont work when sunlight is reflected. Hence the bio- metric reader has to be fixed inside a ceiling. Further please ensure that the data base is correctly recorded. The height of the retina based bio-metric reader, should be normal height of the employees and they should not stretch or sag.
From India, Selam
ttcitehr

The best party to solve this problem is the supplier himself. It is his responsibility to see that the system is installed properly and handed over to you in satisfactory working condition along with Operating Manual, Trouble shooting tips and guarantees & warranties for an appropriate period, say, one year. You must also enter into Annual Maintenance Contract at the end of the warranty period with this party so that he cannot just dump the m/c on to you and evade further responsibility.
From India, Bangalore
adityasoak

Have u cleared all dues of the vendor? If not, then ask him to fix the same immediately. Call an engineer from their company and have a meet with them to fix the issue.
From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.