Deepakkumar1998
HI,
I am working in a IT company. I have joined this company in 2011 That time i got the appointment letter in which they have mention 1 month notice period during the probation period. Now I have put my resignation. Company is not giving me any confirmation letter and they have change there exit policy. As per there new policy they are asking for 2 months of notice period. This policy is return in document and share with in the company.
Please guide me how I can process.
Regards
Deepak

From India
ravi5554

Hi, Hr policy may change, did you received new appointment letter after changing the policy, if not then you need to serve only 1 month notice period as per previous policy amended to you.
From India, Mumbai
tushar.swar

Dear Deepak, Through which way they have circulate the circular of revised notice period..?
From India, Mumbai
Deepakkumar1998
Thanks Ravi for quick response.
But now my HR people told that they have shared all the information via a common document and you have more then 4 year that means your have confirmed employee so we don't need to give you any document for that. You need to give the complete 2 months notice period.
Please suggest.

From India
MS RASOOL

Hi Deepak,
what i understand, is that, you have completed 4yrs in this company so you are not on probationary period, earlier NP was 30days.
But since, your employer has already shared new policy of 2months with you before your resignation, means you have to serve complete 2months NP.
you can mutually discuss with your HR to give some relaxation on this. best of luck
Regards
MSR

From India, Mumbai
D.GURUMURTHY

They might have mentioned in your appointment order that the notice period at the time of joining may be one month.
Subsequently, they have changed the notice period for 2 months, they might have also informed through a general notice. If it is so the notice for 2 months is valid.
Moreover, there will be one general condition in the appointment order stating that you will be binding for the company rules in existence and coming up in future. As such the notice period 2 months is valid.

From India, Hyderabad
Adoni Suguresh

Dear Mr.Deepak,
your query is well answered by our friend Mr.Gurumoorthy. Since you are binding on the ciomoanys rules which are in force from time to time, it is correct that you have to give two months notice period. Since you have served for the company for 4 years only the way is request your HOD to relieve you at the earliest. It is depend upon the HOD or HR to consider your request or not.
Adoni Suguresh
Labour Laws Consultant

From India, Bidar
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.