Anonymous

Dear seniors,
Im applying for a government job wherein for eligibility, I've been asked to submit an "experience certificate", from my current employer.
Now my question is>>>>>
How do I ask my boss (private co.) for an experience certificate? I dont want them to know that im keen on a job change. Is there any other reason I can give for which I need an experience certificate? Its a tricky situation. If I tell them I need it for applying elsewhere I will lose my credibility. Pls help!! :(

From India, Delhi
Hardeep

1) keep in touch with others who have signed such papers.
2) if/ when such a paper is used against you state the truth - that it was taken under compulsion / faud.
3) keep safe the complaint already made by you, whether acknowledged or not.
To me, these are the options at present. Signing a blank paper happens / is claimed to happen very often .....

From United States, New York
Anonymous

Looks like my question is not clear..
My concern is what reason should I give for requring experience certificate. For example- for documentation purposes when u take home loan ur bank asks for a exp certificate from employer.
So my question is what excuse should I give? I hope my question is clearer.

From India, Delhi
korgaonkar k a

Dear Anonymous,
Experience certificate is given by an employer on leaving the sevice.
You are in need of experience certicate to apply for a job in government. You have following options:
1. Attach a copy of appointment letter as an experience letter; and
2. Request your employer for experience letter giving some other reason, such as seeking admission to a course in which experience is require, obtaining loan etc.

From India, Mumbai
saswatabanerjee

Getting an experience certificate is always a problem while working.
That is why employers follow the practice of asking for the experience certificate to be submitted at the time of joining.
See if your prospective employer is agreeable to that.

From India, Mumbai
Hardeep

Sorry ... My comment not relevant to this thread but landed here due some serious multitasking at that moment, perhaps :-) ?? Please ignore the same.
From United States, New York
varmasudhanshu

Now a days most of the organizations have an Employee Self Helpdesk from where experience certificate can be downloaded. Else one can request for an employment certificate, mentioning joining date, designation, etc details.
From India, Bangalore
loginmiraclelogistics

Dear friend,

Why not ? There are more than one idea leading to an experience certificate - (I think you are a bachelor then try these)

1. You have to submit a 'bonafide employee' or a character certificate (try to camouflage the term 'experience certificate' into some other word, to say, 'employment certificate', 'residential certificate' about which they may not doubt your intentions) for attaching with your passport application; After all they require a certificate which states you are working with this co., a designation and from when. If all these important 3 information if available it should serve your purpose;

2. Similar certificate titled "To whomsoever it may concern" for applying to a Gas distribution agency for a new LPG Gas connection (you might not have residential/address proof); Or for a ration card which require 'Income or Salary certificate' or for obtaining 'Aadhar card' or a PAN card;

3. For obtaining a bank loan to buy a car or two wheeler or purchase of a residential flat/plot of land;

4. To be produced to the family of a girl you are going to marry (use a matrimonial enquiry from popular sites);

5. Above all, it's Nothing wrong, openly, boldly tell them you are going to appear for an interview for a govt.job. After all when selected, you have to resign this job & obtain a relieving letter to be produced to that govt.office, so no escape, one day or other you have to face this situation. It's not a crime to seek better opportunities. Who knows, if they smell that you are on the look out for a better job they as well try to retain you by offering incentives, increments, even promotion. Why don't you try to encash this opportunity ?

All the best.

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.