No Tags Found!

somnath.aaryan

Dear HR Guru,
I am working in an educational institute as manager - HR & Admin in the capacity of institute administrator since last three years. In the last year september 2013 suddenly organisation's management decided to appoint one COO above administrator. But last three four months COO is avoiding me and not keeping involve me in any recruitment process. My point is that is this ethically right or i should keep my discomfort in front of management.

From India, Kolkata
arunmjadhav

Mr.Somnath,
Let me clear you...........
Management has all authority to change your job description. Management can recruit new employee & can shift some of your working to him.
If you are not comfortable with this you can directly talk the issue with management but before going to management.
1. Check whether your recruitment part is fully transferred to new COO ?
2. Check whether management wants to add some new task/activity to your JD by making you free from current recruitment process?
If the recruitment part is still with you & COO is intentionally ignoring you, then you take a decision whether to meet management on this issue or not.

But in many organizations HR processes are distributed amongst team.
So in my opinion don't get dishearten wait until situation gets in your favor & then play stroke.
Arun J.

From India, Hyderabad
hopegovind

Giving a straight advise will not be right in this case as we know only a portion of the whole incident
However, was there any performance issue from your part and was not management happy with you?
You should speak to the management directly and ask them to provide clarity on roles, responsibilities and your KRA
If you sense anything wrong, you may decide to change your job too.

From India, Mumbai
sensatish

Dear Somnath,
As per my opinion i suggest you three ways to solve that problem:-
1. Go outside with your coo for lunch or dinner and talk about the misunderstandings.
2. If your coo (Boss) is hiding you not interested to go with you and hiding you continually than search or find his negative skills/work about company/employees and talk to good listener in management.
3.When cat survey then Rat play.

From India, Chandigarh
somnath.aaryan

Thank you so much Mr. Arun J. Let me tell you that i have gained a very strong faith and respect from my management. And I don't doubt over my management about any thing, this was their fair understanding that they had supported my by giving one more administrative hand as COO.
From India, Kolkata
bijay_majumdar

Hi Mr. Somnath,
There is nothing to worry,be positive and confident abt your performance.Any wrong gesture or action due to your misunderstanding may create you a problem.When organizations grow new people with diversified talent will will add in.Management look forward to have better alignment with new and existing employees.If you have some one in core management whom you trust and can share your worries,pls share and try to get help.

From India, Vadodara
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.