No Tags Found!

srimuppalla

Dear sir,
Please clarify my doubt. I observed sand buckets are provided in all fire prone zones in companies. Each and every sand bucket is provided with a sticker/painted as fire/agni/aag. Please clarify that why fire is written on that buckets. why not dry sand.

From India, Hyderabad
khverma

Dear srimuppalla,
The word "FIRE/AGNI/AAG" is required as per Indian Standard 2546 -1974: i.e. "SPECIFICATION FOR GALVANIZED MILD STEEL FIRE BUCKET"
See section 5.3.1 of attachment.
Regards,
Krishan Verma
Executive EHS, SKPL, Daman

From India, Vapi
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf fire bucket.pdf (1.04 MB, 630 views)

ukmitra

Hi Sri,
Very Interesting question. My question to you " Why we call "Fire Engine", when actually does not carry Fire. Did it trigger you WHY?
I feel that, "FIRE", "AAG", "AGNI", is a word which is easily associated with the intended purpose of a "Fire Bucket" to extinguish fire. A signage is used to be easily Identified. Besides, diplomatically speaking, its as per ISO Fire Standards.
I feel its would be the ease to write with bold letter "FIRE" that its being used instead to write "To be used on FIRE". or "Aag Bujane kaye Leya".
ukmitra

From Saudi Arabia, Riyadh
vibhakar

There are different fires requiring different extinguishers. Sand and Water are most common. Hence it must be easily and immediately available. Therefore, that sand or water must no be used for any other purpose. Fire on the bucket catches attention. Moreover, the bottom of such buckets is round shaped so that if anyone wants to use it the bucket will not remain steady on the ground. Easy accessibility also requires that buckets are hung on the stand so that one can collect the bucket easily.
From India, Pune
raghavant

I presume that your query is why sand is marked as Fire.
Sand is used to fight certain fires like electrical fires where water can't be used. Hence as per IS all fire fighting equipments have to have FIRE written.

From India, Thane
dipil

Dear Krishan Verma
Thanks for leading to the exact reason citing IS Code reference... Keep up the great participation...
@srimuppalla: If your query has been resoled, please acknowledge the same so that we can close this thread. Also try to participate in other threads as well and contribute by adding resource / your concerns on that topic. This way we can make this forum active and all will get benefit of this meaningful forum.
@ukmitra: Quite nice explanations.. Keep on sharing your expertise with us...

From India
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.