No Tags Found!

nidhi maheshwari

i joined export factory four months back as HR & ADMIN Head.
Before my joining there was no such department. This is new firm, established in oct 2011.
My boss doesn\'t any exp of this industry. He is total depend on other senior staff. He has good buss sense however he wouldn\'t understand the importance of rules, policies and system. He doesn\'t want to disappoint any staff employee.
Due to his nature i am facing so many challenges to maintain the rules and my work... example i started biometric attendance machine employees were not adhered to punch his/her attendance properly... at the time of salary preparation i have to deal with lots of problem.
Even i can\'t take any decision for my work.. i have to take approval on my GM OR MD and maxmium time they wouldn\'t available or make it pending...
kindly suggest what should i do? How would to explain all my problem to my MD? i am totally loss... please help

From India, New Delhi
teamgrouphr

Dear Nidhi,
Greetings!!!
It's not that difficult, you just have to have an appointment with your MD.
You can make a small write up on what all policies need to be prepared and implemented in order to successfully run this org.
You can ask for some sort of non interference/independence in your activities , and i am sure your MD will listen and respond.

From India, Delhi
saiconsult

Taking further to what Teamgrouphr said, sometimes you may not be able to discuss things threadbare in a brief or a hurried meeting and make the top management see the reason in your suggestions. Then a write up will be of help as it permits you the space and time to provide a clear picture and the executives can go through it at a time convenient to them even while travelling or on a holiday and can grasp your point of view. You can prepare a beautiful note prepared in crisp and lucid language which shall make reading pleasant. It should not be an argumentative document but one that discusses the issues straight and direct. It can be divided into the following sections/paras.

1) Object of the note :- Here you can simply state that this note is placed to invite the kind attention of the concerned executive to the need to standardize certain policies, practices and procedures in the company with regard to the work and conduct of the employees.

2) Rationale for standardizing policies, practices and procedures. :- Here you can say :

a) A business organization will have certain goals and mission. These goals and mission need to be met within certain time lines and these time lines cannot be adhered without a consistent performance from the employees. A consistent performance is not possible if every employee works at his own sweet time and will. There should be some work ethics and minimum discipline at work place that is uniformly applicable to employees to drive performance to achieve these goals and time lines. The employees be made known about these goals, mission and philosophy of the organization to foster the feelings of team spirit and commitment among them

b)A business organization shall also abide by the labour laws applicable to them. For example the Factories Act or the Shops Act and the Maternity Benefit Act provide for leave to be given to employees. Therefore a leave policy needs to be framed.

c) Similarly, the law on termination prescribes certain boundaries within which an employer can terminate the services of an employee therefore an organization needs to frame policies on appointment probation and discipline and misconduct etc.

3) In view of the above business processes and statutory and legal compulsions , we may frame the following policies to stat with;

1) Organizational goals, mission statement and philosophy.

2) Attendance and punctuality, working hours, rest intervals, holidays

3)Leave policy

4) Misconduct and disciplinary policy.

And you can add any other policy to suit your needs.

The above draft is only suggestive in nature to provide some direction to your effort and answer to your query. . you can improve and modify to suit your organization al needs.

Hope this helps.

B.Saikumar

In-house HR & IR Advisor

From India, Mumbai
nidhi maheshwari

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you all of you......

It is very helpful.

I need one for support.. Apart the above mention policies what are the other policies will help to manage HR & Admin profile?

kindly list them. if possible..

Thanks once again...

From India, New Delhi
HR@glance

Please find attached here with list of few policies, which can be formulated and executed based on organization/company’s size and its suitability. All the Very Best Thanks
From India, Indore
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: docx Listing of policys.docx (15.5 KB, 435 views)

subbarao.nv

====Dear Nidhi,
It is very difficult to work with a boss who does not understand the important of "rules, policies and systems" and on the other hand he is depending on the other senior staff instead of depending on HR (where there is a possibility of misguiding for their selfish desires).
My suggestion is display all the staff names those who are not swiping their attendance and communicate that Leave will be marked on non-swiped days and within no time they will try to change themselves. On the other hand put up a note to your boss, seeking his time to spare for some time and explain him your difficulties while pay roll processing. Slowly, he will understand the things and chances are there that he would give you full authority to take decision of making Loss of pay to erring employees.
All the best===NVS ==9553232308

From India, Hyderabad
Jim Chong
Hi Dear Nidhi;

Good Day and hopefully today will be a nicer day for you on solving the problems you mentioned just now.

My Name is Jim and representing Visual Solutions(M); a software vendor in Malaysia for 20 years; however hopefully this point onward may not harm you on finding the solutions on practically.

For your situation is not the 1st time for us, according to some of our friends who been just joined started the HR environment in factory. At the first beginning is not an easy steps to kick start with, needed a lot of policy and rules coming in to helping you and your company up to give a better control and handling the daily and routine process. For example the Biometric attendance machine had installed definitely shall be helping on generating the daily In-Out time for each of employees, and at this moments there would be a auto calculate Mechanism / Software on helping to generate the grouping of Shifts; OT processed based on certain criteria and protocols.

Besides the flowing from Devices to Shifts / OT. All data shall be easily handles based on a formatted data sheets, which easier for your tasks to be completed on generating their payment.

However, this is just a very brief explanation on our experiences we had learn from our customers; which had written out at here.

I would suggested you and do not hesitate give us a call when you needed more and higher expectation on the return on HR department, and nowadays it had become one of Department which may help you and your company on Maintenance the people; and yet they are the most importance in the whole company.

Best Regards

Jim Chong

Business Development Consultant

Visual Solutions (M) Sdn Bhd

Tel : +603 7951 9000 / 9018 (DL)

From Malaysia, Seri Kembangan
Gopal venkata
Good morning sir, I am Haragopal, I am Join new service sector logistics company working as a HR Executive, In that company they are not implemented any policy, Standing orders, Offer letters, Appointment letters, please any one can help me for the preparation of all policy, Standing orders, Offer letters, appointment letters
is there any formats please foreword to my Email ID : , Contact : 8520032500
Thank you sir

From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.