No Tags Found!

Nahid Sofi

Hi,

I am Nahid,an MBA - HR Graduate just started working in Dubai as HR Executive role in a software development Co for Business activities. The head of the company wants me to set up a proper HR system in his Organisation with separate divison for payroll management (the same will be taken care by accounts department), the role is quite challenging for me and I want your help in knowing how to start for the same. All the information related to manpower is scattered and nothing is channelised so far.Please guide me for the basic steps. I have prepared my agenda, please guide me for a proper direction.

My Agenda:

Step 1 – To maintain all employee records (excel format)

Step 2 – To maintain each employee’s personnel file (scanned copies & hard copies)

Step 3 - Defining Organisation structure with departmental and individual’s job responsibilities

Step 4 - Leave management system (how to start for that?)

Step 7 - Employee grievance handling

Step 8 - Company’s Legal issues and legal documents

Step 9 - Performance Appraisal System

Step 10 - Employee hand book ( It will contain company’s policies, norms, regulations and general conduct within an Organization)

Step 11 - Recruitment and selection process

Step 12 - Training and development

Step 13 - Future Strategies for achieving company and individualistic goals

Please guide me if I am going in right direction, also add or delete any steps required.

Also I have to abide by UAE Labour Laws and I want guidance for every steps and managing them since I have not been in such role before.

Thanks a lot for your time and suggestions.

From India
sharadbhatt2009

Nahid, Pl. connect to us, basically i am consultant and having 24 years of HR-Operations experience.
Its very easy to do, so do not worry.
Call or write us
Sharadkumar
+919376701999
0r skype --- sharad.bhatt711

From India, Ahmedabad
kalpanasreeram

Hi Nahid,
This Kalpana, I have done my Masters in Human Resources, nearly 2 years of Experience in Recruitment field, Do taken as Coordinator role for short while. currently married and Iam in Dubai. can you please help me out in any kind of Frrelance part time jobs. waiting for your reply.
Regards,
Kalpana Raghavaprasad

From India, Madras
sujatha.chari

Hi Nahid,
You are going in the right direction.
In case you need any help, I am a HR professional with about 26 years of experience in the IT industry.
You can reach me on my email :
All the best,
Sujatha
+919686437360

From India, Bangalore
Soonal

Hi,

Each & every aspect of HR is important but to start-up with an organized & systematic HR System you need to prioritize some basic steps to be taken as per your organization’s current requirement

Documentation of employee record - personal & professional details (both soft & hard copies)

Creation of Organizational policies & procedures, planning, budgeting

Recruitment and selection process

Employee hand book (containing company’s policies, norms, regulations and general code of conduct within an Organization)

Defining Organization structure with departmental and individual’s job description

Leave management system – creation of policy & implementation

Setting up of Performance Appraisal System – creation of policy & implementation

Evaluation of Training and development needs & facilitating accordingly

Employee Engagement & Grievance handling

Regular updation of policies & procedures as per company norms

For payroll & legal issues can be taken care in co-ordination with account & legal department.

From India, Mumbai
Soonal

Hi,
In addition would suggest to go for an automated HR system (if you can get approval from your concerned authority) which would make your work easier & more streamlined as it seems from your post you are the only person in HR dept. Also in case of each policy creation do it in co-ordination with seniors.

From India, Mumbai
Divya Chandan
Hi, Nihad.
I CA Vinay Jain partner J R T Jain & Co. having our office in India. Even we are providing HR services to many small companies.
I would suggest you to take care of following things in HR management other than you mention.
1. Appointment letter should be very clear about terms and condition of the company and exhaustive from the inception of the company only if you require sample please contact us on below mention email ID or contact No.
2. There should be very clear final settlement procedure which will help your company in long run. Even it would reduce conflict.
3. Do not go for any HR software unless you are comfortable with the functions and features of the software.
4.Make procedure for reimbursement of expenses by the employee for official work, even for monthly reimbursement allowed by the company.
For any query or detail please contact us at
jrtjain@gmail.com
+91 9975619011

From India, Srinagar
rhinoramanan

dear mr nahid

super keep it up

some recommendations

Step 1 – To maintain all employee records (excel format)[ WHAT DO YOU EXPECT IN RECORDS PUT IT IN A LIST]

Step 2 – To maintain each employee’s personnel file (scanned copies & hard copies) [ DECIDE THE CONTENTS OF PERSONAL FILE FROM APPLICATION FOR JOB TO END OF CAREER . DO NOT INCLUDE CASH CLAIMS OF SORTS]

Step 3 - Defining Organisation structure with departmental and individual’s job responsibilities [ THIS BECOMES STEP 1(ONE) AND NOT STEP 3

Step 4 - Leave management system (how to start for that?)[ WILL DISCUSS NEXT SESSION. WILL GIVE YOU LOT OF INPUTS

Step 7 - Employee grievance handling [ NOT NOW . THIS WILL GO TO A SEPARATE TOPIC NOT WITH EACH PERSON . ONE GRIEVANCE MAY APPLY TO MANY PEOPLE . KEEP IT ON HOLD FOR NOW]

Step 8 - Company’s Legal issues and legal documents [ DEAL WITH PEOPLE FIRST AND THEN THE ORGANISATION . LEGAL AFFAIRS ARE NOT EVERYDAY JOB . COOL FOR THE BEGINNING]

Step 9 - Performance Appraisal System [ SHOULD BE PRIORITY 2/3 AND MUST OCCUR CONCURRENTLY ]

Step 10 - Employee hand book ( It will contain company’s policies, norms, regulations and general conduct within an Organization) [ COOOOOOOOL COOOOOOL TWO YEARS LATER NOT NOW . ]

Step 11 - Recruitment and selection process [ HGHER PRIORITY AND CONCURRENT WORK ]

Step 12 - Training and development [ MOST IMPORTANT AND IS A PRODUCT OF PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL ]

Step 13 - Future Strategies for achieving company and individualistic goals. [ IF YOU DO EVERYTHING TODAY ONLY WHAT WILL YOU DO IN 2016. LET YOUR TOP BRASS HANDLE IT OR TELL THEM TO MAKE YOU A TOP BRASS IN HRM .

i am available in .

all my assistance is free and you can rely on my 50 years experience to assist you and your orgainsation

blessings

dr ram

attribution https://www.citehr.com/490204-hr-man...#ixzz2ygiAMG2b

From India, Indore
hashirnajeeb
Hi Nahid
I'm based out of Abudhabi. I am the HR Head for a group of companies and previously to an MNC. Experienced in setting HR from the scratch for both the companies. Get in touch with me for further discussion
Regards
Hashir

From United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.