janvig
Hi,
I completed my engineering in 2011 and thereafter worked in an IT firm for 1.5 yr... for the last 1.5 yr i have been working in the family business. I would be pursuing an MBA for 2014-2016 session.
I dont have any salary slips for my tenure in family business just an experience certificate. Should i mention my business experience on my CV for internship or future jobs..I am concerned because
1) Corporates tend to look down upon family business experience.
2) I was not an employee on the firms books...So scared of mentioning it on CV now and later facing problems with verification.
I am scared after reading some tragic experiences regarding verification. but if i dont mention this experience then i would have a gap in my career which i am not sure how to justify and i left my IT job because help was needed in the business.
Can someone please advice whether i should mention business experience in CV or not.

From India, Jodhpur
pon1965

If the family biz is of relevance to your qualification and experience, you can mention with the fact. Pon
From India, Lucknow
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.