HR30

As I am working as HR executive with a real estate company,so I need some information regarding Election Day,and I want to ask, is there any holiday for private companies in Delhi/Noida on 10th april 2014
From India, Delhi
sjsingh1

Yes, it is. Appended please find the relevant act "Representation of the People Act"

135B. Grant of paid holiday to employees on the day of poll.—

(1) Every person employed in any business,

trade, industrial undertaking or any other establishment and entitled to vote at an election to the House of the People or the

Legislative Assembly of a State shall, on the day of poll, be granted a holiday.

(2) No deduction or abatement of the wages of any such person shall be made on account of a holiday having been

granted in accordance with sub-section

(1) and if such person is employed on the basis that he would not ordinarily receive

wages for such a day, he shall nonetheless be paid for such day the wages he would have drawn had not a holiday been

granted to him on that day.

(3) If an employer contravenes the provisions of sub-section (1) or sub-section (2), then such employer shall be

punishable with fine which may extend to five hundred rupees.

(4) This section shall not apply to any elector whose absence may cause danger or substantial loss in respect of the

employment in which he is engaged.

Regards

From India, New Delhi
hemantma
Hi, it is mandatory leave, please find attached notification under section 135b. Hemant Malandkar Human Resources - Mumbai
From India, Mumbai
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf Election Commission of India.pdf (1.16 MB, 1090 views)

gopikrish24

Please find the attachment. Regards, R.Gopala Krishnan.
From India, Nagari
File Type: pdf Election Commission of India.pdf (1.16 MB, 210 views)

Varun_Kumar_Pal

Dear Sir, Please find the attached file. Thanks & regards Varun Kumar Pal
From India, Coimbatore
File Type: pdf Election Commission of India.pdf (1.15 MB, 198 views)
File Type: pdf FAQ_Election Holiday.pdf (189.9 KB, 79 views)

Hrdch

Hi Seniors,
I have a same question. My organization is having hardly 20% voters in Tamil Nadu, rest are from outside Tamil Nadu where the voting dates are different. What should we do as an organization? Pls. suggest

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.