Deepika Khare
Hi, I am an HR in an IT company,Noida. I wanted to know that whether the IT co’s working or closed on election day i.e on 10th April 2014 in Delhi/Noida
From India, Pune
B K BHATIA

All employees having Voter ID Card registered at Delhi/ Noida (or other locations where election is scheduled on 10/04/2014) are authorized paid leave on that date. Declaring 10th April as a holiday doesn't seem to be necessary, in my opinion, since an organization may have many employees who may have their Voter IDs from places other than Delhi/ Noida.
It is for experts to give their legal opinion keeping in view that if an employee is given paid leave on election day, but does not cast his/ her vote, can any action be taken against the individual?

From India, Delhi
Anonymous

Dear Member, There is guideline from election comminissor of India please go through in attach file. J L Trivedi Ahemdabad
From India, Ahmadabad
JAgdis L Trivedi

Attachment is missing in earlier post Attach herewih
From India, Ahmadabad
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf Election_Commission_of_India.pdf (1.16 MB, 803 views)

ENABLER TEAM
In lieu of this forthcoming Lok Shaba elections, it is mandatory to declare a holiday with wages on the date of polling i.e. 10th April 2014 without compensation for all locations as per the provisions of The Representation of People Act, 1951 (Central Act), You need to declare a holiday on the date of polling and a circular in this regard is to be displayed in the notice board. No employee should work on the polling day and hence inform to all workers / employees in advance.
From India, Delhi
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf Election Commission of India[1].pdf (1.15 MB, 227 views)

ashoksachandelhi
Hi,
My organization is having hardly 10-20% voters who are going going to cast their vote on the 10th in Delhi-NCR , rest are from outside Delhi-NCR where the voting dates are different . What should we do as a organization . Should we declare holiday or leave to those who are from Delhi-NCR . Pls suggest
Regards,
Ashok

From India, Gurgaon
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.