No Tags Found!

Shaheja Jafri
Dear All,
Greeting of the day !!
I am working in Sheet metal auto parts manufacturing company. My Director give me a task to apply 5S in company. i do not have any senior staff to cooperate please give suggestions ........ well-come for your valuable replys
Thanks in advance
Warm regards
Shaheja jafri

From India, Delhi
korgaonkar k a

Dear Shaheja ji,
It will not be wrong if I say that you need to understand what is 5S. You will get lot of stuff on 5S in this forum also.
There is no difference in 5S in sheet metal auto part manufacturing company and in any other manufacturing company. There is no difference in manufacturing and non manufacturing. There is no difference in 5S at home and at work place. There is no difference in 5S at any place in India or at any place out side India.

From India, Mumbai
murugesanmurugesan

5 s is nothing so please be confident and implement the neatness at your company then 5s shall be automatically formed
From India, Madras
Narasingam

Dear Saheja

Do let me share some of my experiences when we implemented it at a MNC:

1. 5S is not just a practice of good housekeeping. It is a way of THINKING differently. A change of paradigm is needed.

2. First, the person who advocates 5S should be SEEN to be practising it. (People will do as you do, not as you say)

3. Provide training to ALL personnel from top down. During your training sessions, get managers to come and share their knowledge / experience and most important , their commitment to 5S & its practice.

4. Next, start off a PILOT project. Choose a small area, easily managed (not toilets as it is used by many people). Implement and high light before / after results. Put this up in notice boards, newsletters. Publicity is very important.

5. At later stages you can organize 5S competitions between section / departments

6. Don't forget to but some good videos to show during training and also play them during break times in canteens. Posters will also help.

7. The most difficult part is to sustain the efforts.

Please keep me posted as I am interested to see the results.

my add: audi.narasingam @gmail.com

Best to You

Audi

Malaysia

From Malaysia, Shah Alam
drmentor

Dear Jafri,
If followed meticulously, 5S is easy to implement. Sustaining 5S practice is the real challenge. Many countries, the Annual competitions and certifications are offered in order to encourage building sustainability. 5S is otherwise called Workplace Excellence.
If you tell me the country, to which you belong I can share the Government organisations which are providing support for implementation.
With warm regards,
Dr.Raj Mohan -

From India, Selam
Narasingam

Dear Saheja -ji
I have reloaded the 5S implementation road map.
This is the first time I am attempting to upload a file and I made mistakes.
Will try to share more along the way.
Best Regards
Audi Narasingam
Malaysia

From Malaysia, Shah Alam
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: xls 5S imp plan_Map_citr.xls (151.5 KB, 963 views)

ngurjar

Dear Querist,
We are empaneled to implement 5S in small and medium companies. If you want any assistance, we can help you. Unless you have done it before, it would be difficult to drive the process. Yet, you are free to try with the resources available.
Please read about this in any Lean Manufacturing book.
Reg,

From United States, Daphne
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.